Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Suppressor Cover

Thoroughly enjoyed shooting suppressed last weekend. 3 things I noticed:
    • Damn, does the entire rifle get filthy. From the barrel to the tube, down into the magazine.
    • SPROING!
    • After a mag of fun, that mirage is quite an optic dancer.

I can clean the rifle, and save for a JP Spring, but I think the cover would be the best thing to tackle first. What are you guys using to reduce the mirage. I've looked at Rifles Only, Armageddon, Cole-Tac, and Tab Gear. They all look good on the web, but how are these working for you folks?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got a Griffon Industries, but I really only use it on my 308 bolt gun...I can only attest that it does what it's supposed to do with slow fire (maybe 1 shot per min). I've kept it on when I switched over to an AR a few times, but wasn't really paying attention to it. Most the time when shooting semi-auto suppressed I keep it off, trying to keep the can as cool as possible.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I started with a Bowers that worked great other then looking like my can was banging a fleshlight and when it got hot it would slide and get malleable . I am currently running a Armageddon on my Saker and it works as advertised and is cheaper then some other companies .I am planning on ordering one for my Omega & Sandman Ti .All of my cans are run on sbr's and ar308's . I have the Bowers sitting around somewhere if you wanna give it a try , it's cut down for a Saker ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have had good luck with the Elite Iron covers for the money. I honestly don't like the heavily insulated covers. Unless you are running them on full auto weapons it just seems like they hold in way too much heat.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rifles Only with HAD cover.
    Out through the night and the whispering breezes
    To the place where they keep the imaginary diseases

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also running the Armageddon covers on my Saker 7.62. Have both a black and multicam I use depending on the host weapon and they both have held up well so far.
    NRA Life Member - NRA RSO

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did not like my Rifles Only covers. For $90 a pop size the damn things by diameter. All that overlap on slender cans is just a poor design or a cost saving decision. Either way I'll pass for that coin.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use a WarSport Suppressor Sock. Seems to work relatively well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got a couple of ColeTac ones, and like them alot. But only really use them on my 556 SBR as it gets HOT. Once I start dialing in my 308AR I'll use one there as well. I just brought home an older pair of my firefighting gloves that I had to take out of service - works great for removing when hot. But I do like the covers on my scoped rifles here in the cold air.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    has anyone tried the cover from Manta? 1 size 1.5' x 7.5" long. 55.00 dollars and can be had on Amazon.
    Just curious if you guys like or dislike.
    Thanks
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerRonas View Post
    has anyone tried the cover from Manta? 1 size 1.5' x 7.5" long. 55.00 dollars and can be had on Amazon.
    Just curious if you guys like or dislike.
    Thanks
    Roger
    For my first cover I was stuck between the Manta & Bowers and went with the Bowers as it looked less like a fleshlight . My original thoughts are why should I pay $100+ for a sock for my suppressor . Fast forward to current day , my bowers is somewhere in one of my parts bins And I have 2 more Armageddon covers coming .For $69 bucks I don't think you can beat an Armageddon cover .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Today I actually brought my Cole-Tac cover to the range, and boy what a difference it makes. The mirage was gone. So far, I'm pretty happy with this cover. Quality construction, and the fit is just right. I just hope the velcro holds up over time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For those with the Cole-Tacs, what prevents it from sliding forward? From the blurbige, I get it has straps, but is that it? Seems like with some heat they'd loosen just a bit and it would start slipping forward.

Downloads
    Uploads
    3 Straps. I cinch the middle one first, then the ends, and the center again. So far no slippage. I guess if it starts to move, I can wrap a bungee around it afterward.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's good to hear. I'll need another cover (or two) when the ATF deems it necessary, so I'm looking at other options. I've been eyeing this one, but wanted to make sure it wasn't pain to use.