Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads

Tactical Gear???

I am wondering what are all the options or basic components of a tactical set up. Some of you guys who have been in the military would probably be able to shed some light. Probably some police would too.

Truth is I have never been in a gun fight and probably won't ever get in one, but let's say I want to be able to carry what I need to carry in a better package. Honestly I am just asking out of curiosity but there are a few things I would consider buying for sure.

Here is what I came up with as to a setup... feel free to add, correct, or take away, or just flat out comment.

-Knee pads... this to me seems like a very good idea. If one was mixing it up and you had to drop or kneel behind a car or whatever that would make life a lot more comfortable. I am sure I could get some at Home Depot.

-Belts--- this is something that could be interesting. Some belts are to hold up your pants and some are to hold holsters and extra mags. I am not talking about a leather belt. I tried one on before that was really nice but I forgot the brand name.

-A vest or a plate carrier with molle on it. I am completely unfamiliar with that for the most part but I would be interested to learn. First you have the carrier and then you have the plates. I imagine it's a balance between being bullet proof and a weight and mobility trade off.
    I am not really sure how plates are rated but based on youtube some are designed to seperate and capture splash to keep it from deflecting in your face or whatever.

-Gloves. If it's cold as hell outside of course you don't want your fingers freezing off but in warm environments what would the best use of gloves be for?

I am curious mainly about options for carrying 30 round AR mags (or even 20 round mags) on your body in a way that isn't in the way. I am also curious about a setup to carry a side arm and extra mags at the same time. After that maybe some sort of vest or plate carrier might be an option.

For all you military types... if you were going into a situation what do you carry? Obviously you can't carry it all and it should probably be centered around the job you're going into I would imagine.

If you have pics that would be cool. We can have a picture thread as well
    Last edited by alamo5000; 20 February 2016 at 13:18.