Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not a fan of the battle belts. I either run a lightweight chest rig or my PC. Start with a LW chest rig. I have 2 of these and they work great http://www.lapolicegear.com/aa-ascr-1-rig.html

I also have two of these on the left side of it. http://www.tacticalassaultgearstore....-enhanced.html It has elastic and a magnet in it for retention, excellent product. Then I run a paddle holster for my secondary and carbine. Stay away from mag pouches that have flaps, they suck hairy balls. And double stack rifle mag pouches as well, bulk sucks. Simple and effective is the way to go. Fight light... As far as an IFAK goes just slap another mag pouch on the chest rig and stick an Israeli bandage and a tourniquet in it and call it a day. To many mall ninjas running giant medical kits and don't have a clue how to use it.
    Last edited by Stone; 21 February 2016 at 14:59.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is a perspective from a guy just like yourself, no MIL or LEO experience...

You can have whatever tactical wet dream you want...when it comes down to it...you have no tactical experience aside from knowing how to operate your weapon and shooting groups at a target that does not move. Maybe you are a hunter, and you can effectively stalk some of the dumbest animals on the planet. At the end of the day, none of this will really help you survive. You can take whatever tactical rifle class you want, unless you practice those skills on a monthly basis at the very least, it's useless. You then have to assume that in a stressful environment, you can maintain those skills. I jump on the couch playing COD it surround sound...and I know that shit is not real. I am going to be the equivalent of throwing a handful of ammunition in the campfire...unpredictable and firing in all directions.

My strategy is to keep my ass in my house where I have multiple weapons and ammunition and wait for UWone77 and the cavalry to come save my ass and give me a clean pair of underwear.

Downloads
    Uploads
    *facepalm*

haley and falla? in one thread?

fml...

please stahp

no battle belts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco75 View Post

My strategy is to keep my ass in my house where I have multiple weapons and ammunition and wait for UWone77 and the cavalry to come save my ass and give me a clean pair of underwear.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    *facepalm*

I put them up there just for you.
    Last edited by alamo5000; 21 February 2016 at 17:25.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I agree with this sentiment. I am not going to go looking for trouble, but if compelled to do so I will be the aggressor and I will win.

NO ONE. And I mean NO ONE has the right to inflict harm on me. I am of the mind that some people (criminally minded folks) are in need of getting shot especially if they have the intention to harm anyone.

I have zero problem with that...

But my 'training' and all that is dual use. 95% of it is for sheer enjoyment. The other 5% is just in case.

Downloads
    Uploads
    *facepalm*

fml...

please stahp

no battle belts
    Not to thread jack, but did you hear about his response to the ND Video?

Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL @ trexarms dude and gear.

running and gunning all over the range and real world use is literally apples to hand grenades.

The stuff I use for work (LE) is sometimes different than stuff I use for range/HD/training.

Mission drives gear, not the other way around.

Figure out what your mission is then buy gear to match your requirements, nothing more or less.
    My mission now is to practice and get better at various skill sets. When it comes to strictly shooting I can do that but I want to learn more and varied exercises.

I am kind of torn about what exactly I want to hone but I guess I will share my theories. Right or wrong you're probably the right guy to lay it on.

My theory is that I should play the 'if' game as you talked about before. I actually do that from time to time.

If I come home (very rural area) and I see a car in the driveway and people in the house what am I going to do? Several years ago some burglars killed someone in just that scenario a few miles from here (if I remember correctly it was an older lady).

What if I am driving down the road and traffic gets stopped and there is some kind of crazy road rage incident in the middle of the street?

(I had that happen to me. A big black woman that looked like she could move furniture for a living was trying to beat my window in while I was stuck in traffic. I had a .45 and I didn't even have to pull it but she knew I meant business and it calmed her ass down and she stepped back)

What if there is a hurricane and people decide they are going to start looting? That's happened too although not right in my neighborhood. In addition to that after a big storm utilities were out for a week. Naturally crime spiked.

When a big hurricane was headed for Houston a massive evacuation had to move millions of people and it was sheer chaos. But it makes you wonder what would happen if people weren't so polite to each other in that situation?

I also saw a group of about 6 guys exit their cars and chase down a guy on a motorcycle while we were all stuck in traffic. Fortunately he got away but it happened so fast we were like WTF is going on? That was in the city (Houston) and to be honest there is no guarantee that at some point I might have to move back down into that chaos again.

Long story short in an effort to be self aware I sometimes go through mental drills playing the 'what if' game periodically through the day sometimes.

As for tactics I am of the mind that no one situation would have the same reaction. It might not be the best idea to run around or whatever. It might be better to find cover. In other situations it might be best to take it to em. If I was walking down the mall and someone tried to do what they did in the mall in Kenya what would I do? Find cover or attack?

There is no way I could be ready for every situation but a small gun is better than no gun. But other situations might be better to just put on a chest rig or a belt with some extra mags and take my AR. I just want to be able to use cover and learn more about that kind of thing so if the day ever comes I will be ready.
    Last edited by alamo5000; 21 February 2016 at 18:21.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Army203 View Post
    Not to thread jack, but did you hear about his response to the ND Video?
    Explain because everybody knows I don't follow any of this stuff.

BTW What does everyone think of Instructor Zero? I am just curious. Some of his videos are pretty cool. I saw one where he slapped down James Yeager.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Explain because everybody knows I don't follow any of this stuff.

BTW What does everyone think of Instructor Zero? I am just curious. Some of his videos are pretty cool. I saw one where he slapped down James Yeager.

These Matt Best videos sum up how I feel about most of that. Second video has the clip of TH at 1:07.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBaISwLnrgo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQN0ncPmOsY

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Army203 View Post
    Second video has the clip of TH at 1:07.
    Ouch.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Playing the "what if game" or "war gaming" as we call it is a good first step to being mentally prepared for s fight. I have to echo some of the guys' statements. I have s battle belt and it serves it's propose but doesn't move around when squatting or whatever. I prefer a duty belt setup that is either attached with keepers or hook and loop or both. It doesn't move and has everything where you need it. Your faster reloads are generally going to be from the belt line anyway compared to say a chest rig or PC.
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    Playing the "what if game" or "war gaming" as we call it is a good first step to being mentally prepared for s fight. I have to echo some of the guys' statements. I have s battle belt and it serves it's propose but doesn't move around when squatting or whatever. I prefer a duty belt setup that is either attached with keepers or hook and loop or both. It doesn't move and has everything where you need it. Your faster reloads are generally going to be from the belt line anyway compared to say a chest rig or PC.
    What's the difference between a battle belt and a duty belt? Can you show me pics?

Downloads
    Uploads
    On my phone and on the go so ill make it short.

Covert, not overt.

When overt go big, because you are a target.

Just enough gear that you can do what you must, meaning carrying a helmet with nods when you drive to and from work during the day is pointless and just a waste of time.

Learn to move and shoot around people, moving people and not shooting people who do not need to be shot is a very good skill set to have.

#1 is target discriminaton
    #2 mission success
    #3 sustainability

If you lack skillset search those who can teach you that skillset.

Disregard all dogma and find what works for you.

And lets never mention the retarded step children of the training industry again...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ohh and mindset.

Mindset is more important than any training you will ever have.

Readiness traingle: are you ready?

To be ready....

are you willing?
    are you able?
    are you prepared?