Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not really a fan of having a tritium rear iron sight. For me, it's too close to my eye to be useful and is more of a distraction.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nor am I. In fact, I'm not really tracking on the logic here at all. Low-light environments present target discrimination challenges that are most often overcome with (a) night vision systems, or (b) visible illumination tools.

Tritium sights can tell you where you are aiming, but not who or what you are about to hit, and I'm not just envisioning too many scenarios in which that would be beneficial in a longarm (i.e. deliberate employment) application.

AC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by paulosantos View Post
    For an AR, all you really need is the front night sight.

If I felt a need to add anything, it would only be the front one as a tritium unit, and I doubt I would feel the need. I've seen plenty of guys use them, but none that really felt sold on them after owning them for awhile. The typical reason I heard is that "you use night sights on your pistol, so why wouldn't you use them on your rifle". I don't shoot NTCH with my Glock....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    If I felt a need to add anything, it would only be the front one as a tritium unit, and I doubt I would feel the need. I've seen plenty of guys use them, but none that really felt sold on them after owning them for awhile. The typical reason I heard is that "you use night sights on your pistol, so why wouldn't you use them on your rifle". I don't shoot NTCH with my Glock....
    I don't have any night sights on my AR's either. The weaponlight does a good job of lighting up the front sight post for me that I don't see the need for a tritium front post.

NTCH with a Glock...that would be cool to see