Downloads
    Uploads

Tango Down ARC-L

Looks like the new mags will be out very very soon. You can't order them yet but as soon as you can I'll have my order in and let ya'll know how they are.

http://tangodown.com/shop/product_in...roducts_id=126
    Last edited by bigcoastie; 5 March 2009 at 10:47.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, but they're 25$ a pop, you can't take them apart, and they aren't made by Magpul What can they do that Pmags can't, for 10 bucks more?

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's probably going to remain one of those "facts not in evidence" things for the near-term, but the initial feedback on these mags is pretty favorable, and I for one am never going to complain about having too many top-notch options.

That said, after reading this paragraph on the TD site ...

A basic problem for plastic magazines is that they have to have a constant curved interior to be molded in one piece. There is no other way. But the magazine well of the M16/AR-15 weapon system is straight. So much compromise has to be reached from a design standpoint to make the two work together. So side effects of magazines not dropping free, are often seen. The optimum solution would be a straight upper section to properly present cartridges through the magazine well, and a constant-radius lower section to accommodate remaining ammunition. However, this design has been impossible to produce in polymer… until now.
    ... I would be interested in Magpul's opinion of this assertion. Seems to me that most PMAGs drop free just fine.

AC

Downloads
    Uploads
    AC check this out it's a decent read if you ignore the I love this company or this is ugly bs. http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=408793 It has some interesting information that kind of got me wondering about the TD mags.

Downloads
    Uploads
    reading that just makes me want a "Made in Boulder, Not in Belgium" shirt.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's pretty much what I gleaned from it, too. I'm not suggesting that the TD isn't going to be a worthy product, but the early dialogue to this point hasn't been terribly informative.

AC