Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's odd. I ran a dozen 30 rnd fde mags through my blackout with no issues.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    That's odd. I ran a dozen 30 rnd fde mags through my blackout with no issues.
    The issue isn't the color, but the mag design. The earlier 20 rounders (all colors) were known to not always lock the bolt back. After playing with the M3, the design (I have no idea if it's the spring, the geometry, or something else) makes the follower harder to push down, but still completely functional. The original 20 rounders were straight, the M3 20 rounders have a curve like the 30 rounders always have. Not sure if that's part of it, but interesting to note.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    After playing with the M3, the design (I have no idea if it's the spring, the geometry, or something else) makes the follower harder to push down, but still completely functional.
    Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought I remember reading about some slight geometry changes between Gen M2 and M3.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought I remember reading about some slight geometry changes between Gen M2 and M3.
    Could be. There's definitely a difference between what I have and what I just bought. I'm guessing mine are Gen 1. Oops, I mean "M1."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm fairly certain the M3 20-rounders share the same constant-curve geometry of the 30-rounders, whereas all previous generation 20-rounders were straight-bodied. I don't think the 30-rounder's geometry changed.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Magpul reported problems with the early m3 20 rounders, and gladly swapped out those for newer ones, this was a year or so ago, I have some from that time and newer and have all ran flawless in 556

I do wish I had gotten more gen 2 20's more do for the colors..wish Magpul would do some fde and od m3 mags along with grey..but not gonna happen..

That's what Cerakote and such is for unless you want to pay the premium for gen 2's, there all over the forums at about 15-20 a piece