Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    You didn't check the OAL during and after loading the first round?
    I did. Of course I did. But I was thinking that maybe those bullets I bought were snagging and hanging up on the feed ramps or whatever. So I tested it seated just a smidgin deeper in an effort to isolate the problem.

I will try some factory ammo to see if for some reason my loads are occassionally under powered or not. That could be it as well. If I can run 100 rounds of factory ammo without a problem that will isolate the problem. If not then it might be the gas system being either under or over gassed... that said if that was the case I think it would be a more persistent problem. Not just 1 round out of a 30 round mag...

I really don't know the answer. I am scratching my head trying to isolate the problem.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I tried some factory ammo and a different mag. Not even a hint of a problem. I will do some more extensive testing when it stops raining.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I tried some factory ammo and a different mag. Not even a hint of a problem. I will do some more extensive testing when it stops raining.
    Maybe it needs to be rain tested.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cjd3 View Post
    Maybe it needs to be rain tested.
    If I kept it up maybe I could have seen if a lightening bolt could have melted a suppressor