Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Adding a barrel to my order. Waiting for their 12" hybrid to return from anodizing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Any pointers for a way to get the port door to close? The little nub that sticks up seems about a mm too high, so that closing puts pressure against it instead of it retracting.
    Nobody gives a shit. Got it.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nobody gives a shit. Got it.
    Never noticed it was an issue.

Let me check when I get home on the 2 uppers I have SMOS dust covers on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They're probably SMOS uppers with deeper cuts. I do not have this on an SMOS upper receiver. I'm not crazy about modding my receiver just to use a port cover, so if it's not an issue that's been fixed, I'll just go back to using a properly spec'd part. Shame though as I liked the cover.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    They're probably SMOS uppers with deeper cuts. I do not have this on an SMOS upper receiver. I'm not crazy about modding my receiver just to use a port cover, so if it's not an issue that's been fixed, I'll just go back to using a properly spec'd part. Shame though as I liked the cover.
    I know for a fact one isn't on a SMOS upper. I'll get back to you tonight.

Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL Joelski. Talking to yourself...

I have one of their covers on an SM15 upper and it has the same issue, requiring a firm push at the top middle of the door. It has grown smoother with use. If you don't want it, I'll take it off your hands.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've noticed the same playing around with parts/mocking up my Gfy upper, hard as hell to get it to shut with a Milspec door. I'd like a pocket door though...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh man I wish I could, as they commented off a post in Instagram that they had 16" intermediate gas length 16" barrels in house...ughh..and now a deal on them with gas block and tube..I have a new Hanson barrel but this is what I'm after....I'm taking donations..IOU's..??...lol...damnit I'm hoping next month I'll have some fun money but I'm sure I'll be too late here..

Slackers better order some of this and post up the results to rub it in for informational purposes..:)

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    14.5" 16" and 18" Shilen Match stainless barrels $260 with gas block and gas tube

GFY Marked Nitride BCG's $100

Call him at SMOS and he'll get you taken care of.

Downloads
    Uploads
    FYI: Eric said today the 16" shilen barrels are midlength.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Oh man I wish I could, as they commented off a post in Instagram that they had 16" intermediate gas length 16" barrels in house...ughh..and now a deal on them with gas block and tube..I have a new Hanson barrel but this is what I'm after....I'm taking donations..IOU's..??...lol...damnit I'm hoping next month I'll have some fun money but I'm sure I'll be too late here..

Slackers better order some of this and post up the results to rub it in for informational purposes..:)
    If you already have the Hanson barrel, I wouldn't stress about swapping it out with a Shilen. They're going to shoot about as well as a Rainier UltraMatch, which if you have the skills may barely shoot better than the Hanson. Is spending more money at this point a good idea for you? I kind of doubt it. If you want the barrel for another build, I'm sure we can get Eric to get us another deal on them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Agree about the Hanson. They shoot beyond their price tag. This SMOS barrel will be my first shilen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just FYI, for those guys that love barrels on Shilen Blanks. Gen 2 UltraMatch Barrels do not use Shilen blanks. Unknown at this time, but just confirmed with them yesterday.

So if you're set on a Shilen Blank, definitely go SMOS or find a Gen 1 RA UM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well unless they sourced a Bartlien or McGowen that's a disappointment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know , lol ...just a want..

Interesting about the gen 2 barrels

Downloads
    Uploads