Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Def3,

Yes you and I have meet before, been along time. I just retired as a CATM last year.

Welcome aboard you'll like this place.

By the way what happened to the M-60 gunner
    si vis pacem para bellum
    Colt M16 Armorer, Colt 1911 Armorer, Glock Armorer

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Defender3 View Post
    Air Force call sign.
    Welcome home. Hopefully things are going well for you, its been awhile since we've talked.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Defender3 View Post
    I retired off the General Staff in 2003 as the Careerfield Manager ...
    Different service and different population band, but I'm definitely feeling that particular pain right now.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Def3,

Yes you and I have meet before, been a long time. I just retired as a CATM last year.

Welcome aboard you'll like this place.

By the way what happened to the M-60 gunner
    CATM? No such thing! Ha, ha, we could debate that one to death, eh? If you’re referring to the rocket scientists who decided to take their hummer into the WRM lot for a quick nap, they were 15’d, reduced and discharged. For the membership, I was at Prince Sultan Air Base, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for a year. We had one of the largest open air conventional storage sites in the world. One of the patrols, a two-person mobile patrol with mounted M-60 (yes, we were still using 60’s in 1997) decided they were tired and needed a nap (they even brought blankies with them). The brainiacs pulled their 60 from the mount and backed their hummer into a slot within the War Readiness materials motor pool lot where there were hundreds of hummers parked. Wasn’t too hard to find them though since they left the pintle mount on top of the vehicle – stuck out like a sore thumb. Hopefully that’s what you were referring too, if not, a free war story!

Welcome home. Hopefully things are going well for you, it’s been awhile since we've talked.
    Drop me an IM so we can connect again. BTW – I wish I had your photo skills, not all of them, just the ones in your little finger.

Different service and different population band, but I'm definitely feeling that particular pain right now.
    It was a great job, but it was a tough one. No luv from the field for sure……

I appreciate all the response and thanks for the warm welcome!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a Ranger from 2nd Batt, Ft.Lewis

rgrprib

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rgrprib View Post

rgrprib
    right on.. Im at Lewis myself.. though I'm pog'n it over on north fort

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rgrprib View Post

rgrprib

Just talking to one of your guys yesterday, he is getting ready to retire soon. I'm surprised he can walk with his knees as blown out as they are. I hope he is treated decently by the VA. I'm pretty sure he owes me beer now that I think about it.....

Welcome to the board, good to have you over here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a gun nut in sunny Cebu, hence Cebuboy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    GearHead_1, pretty much what comes to most peoples minds. Builder, owner, enthusiast of cars, engines, transmissions, rear ends and many other things mechanical.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Downloads
    Uploads
    2ATA = 2 Atmospheres Absolute

I run the Hyperbaric chambers at a hospital. The largest majority of the treatments that I do are run at 2ATA or 29.4PSIG.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - - Albert Einstein

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ATA View Post
    2ATA = 2 Atmospheres Absolute

I run the Hyperbaric chambers at a hospital. The largest majority of the treatments that I do are run at 2ATA or 29.4PSIG.

Excellent!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Howdy - another retired soldier here.

Ranger + 325 (my former Regiment in the 82d) = Ranger325

Regards,

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not an outlaw biker. I used to mountain bike a whole lot and have used that handle for many years.

Downloads
    Uploads
    After my PGWDTI Timberwolf in .338LM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well… it’s kind of a long explanation, but… “Triple Bravo” is phonetic for “Triple B”. As a police officer, my well known nickname is “Triple B” but few know why.

The truth is that a close knit plain clothes unit I worked with for years thought that I closely resembled the Bob’s Big Boy restaurant icon. They boiled Bob’s Big Boy down to BBB or Triple B. The B to the third power became a short hand way to write my nickname while taking notes during surveillances.

When it came time to pick a trade name for my new business, Triple Bravo was the obvious choice.