Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You're going to get better advice here. Just saying. BCM makes good stuff from what I gather but when WEVO speaks people listen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Plus you are able to get a barrel that will more than do what you want for less money. Plus that one looks like it's stainless steel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Our Black Nitride Mil-Spec BCG would fit nicely!
    Premium AR-15 parts for the customer who demands reliability and quality.
    www.FathomArms.com
    Facebook
    Instagram
    sales@fathomarms.com (817) 374-2596
    Fathom Arms URG Review
    Fathom Arms Mil-Spec BCG Review

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fathom_Arms View Post
    Pair it up with that new barrel you guys are offering and the OP is in business...

Post up a link or something like that so that we can see what you're offering. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
    Hey all,

I am new here. Obviously you can tell by my post count, but I've been lurking for a while.
    I'm in on this, if this is anything like your WRX build thread... we are in for a shit show lol.

Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Excellent. Now you have a goal and you can buy accordingly. Your barrel...you have a whole ton of options there. Ballistic Advantage on to who know what will get you there easily.

Others can provide more specific brand advice and price comparisons...

I would go with something pretty good and nitride because the life of the barrel will give more long term bang for the buck and it stands up to more abuse.
    After weeks of looking around this is what I came up with. A $150-$250 price range Nitrided barrel seems like best bang for the buck. I looked into Ballistic Advantage, AR15Performance, Black Hole Weaponry, and Micro MOA. Bang for buck I ended up choosing a Nitrided ARP barrel. Anyone else here have thoughts on those 4 barrel makers?

Quote Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
    This one is about $30 more than the WC one I was looking at. Seems like it'd fit the bill.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-1...ss410-16-8.htm

And gets great reviews on their website. I may call BCM and tell them what my goal is and see what they suggest.
    That's damn expensive for what it is. Were you wanting this to be 16" or 18", stainless or nitrided, mid length or rifle gas, bench gun only or sporting/3 gun shooting? Only feed it american eagle or re-zero each time you swap to decent ammo. Budget... your wife is going to kill you lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 2 ARP barrels. Damn good shooting barrels for no more than they cost. I have a 16" 277wlv (shut up UW) and a 12.5" 223 Wylde barrel on my SBR.

Ballistic advantage has been getting my money as of late. They're also great shooting barrels and you can get a pinned GB with them for the cost of other companies. BHW and Micro MOA are good but I've never used them personally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fathom_Arms View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Pair it up with that new barrel you guys are offering and the OP is in business...

Post up a link or something like that so that we can see what you're offering. :)
    Yea, links, that'd be helpful. I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by JSchell1309 View Post
    I'm in on this, if this is anything like your WRX build thread... we are in for a shit show lol.

After weeks of looking around this is what I came up with. A $150-$250 price range Nitrided barrel seems like best bang for the buck. I looked into Ballistic Advantage, AR15Performance, Black Hole Weaponry, and Micro MOA. Bang for buck I ended up choosing a Nitrided ARP barrel. Anyone else here have thoughts on those 4 barrel makers?

That's damn expensive for what it is. Were you wanting this to be 16" or 18", stainless or nitrided, mid length or rifle gas, bench gun only or sporting/3 gun shooting? Only feed it american eagle or re-zero each time you swap to decent ammo. Budget... your wife is going to kill you lol.
    She really might. I can feed it whatever we feel like. American Eagle is decent, and easy to get. But if I wanted we could get 62gr+ ammo. Just depends I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    I have 2 ARP barrels. Damn good shooting barrels for no more than they cost. I have a 16" 277wlv (shut up UW) and a 12.5" 223 Wylde barrel on my SBR.

Ballistic advantage has been getting my money as of late. They're also great shooting barrels and you can get a pinned GB with them for the cost of other companies. BHW and Micro MOA are good but I've never used them personally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have been looking around on BA. They have some really nice stuff for a really good price. I'm going to have to do some more research.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ordered a barrel today

Went with this one
    http://ar15performance.com/inc/sdetail/11562/32508

Chamber: 223Wylde
    Profile: SCOUT lightweight-.700/.750/.700
    Fluted: No
    Barrel Length: 16"
    Twist Rate: 1:8- Hybrid 5R rifling
    Gas System: mid Length
    Diameter at Gas Port: .750"
    Muzle Thread Pitch: 1/2-28
    Material: 416R Stainless
    Finish: turned behind gas block, smooth grind finish in front of gas block
    Process: Button Rifled
    Barrel Lining: stainless
    Barrel Extension: M4
    Assembly: Stripped
    Weight: 1lb 12oz

It's SS which I guess isn't everyones top choice. However, with the amount of shooting I do I'll probably never shoot the barrel out, and if I do the price was good enough that I can get another haha. Aside from that it basically had everything I wanted.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Optic arrived yesterday

Burris AR536
    20160308_171558 by Derrick Tackett, on Flickr

Price was good, and with the mail in rebate it becomes even better IMO. Seems like pretty good quality.

Everything has been ordered, now it's just a waiting game.

Downloads
    Uploads
    1st iteration is done

20160312_143057 by Derrick Tackett, on Flickr

20160312_143110 by Derrick Tackett, on Flickr

20160312_143101 by Derrick Tackett, on Flickr

20160312_143122 by Derrick Tackett, on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice!!

Back that optic up a few notches, bugs my OCD...lol... and others also probably, plus unless it's a monolithic-full upper- rail I wouldn't run my optic like that-on the rail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Nice!!

Back that optic up a few notches, bugs my OCD...lol... and others also probably, plus unless it's a monolithic-full upper- rail I wouldn't run my optic like that-on the rail.
    I'm going to, it's going to be as far forward on the upper as possible. Correct?

Thanks, I can't wait to shoot this thing. I bought a 1911 I'm dying to shoot as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well as far as where it goes it's up to you and what's comfy, eye relief etc.

What 1911?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Well as far as where it goes it's up to you and what's comfy, eye relief etc.

What 1911?
    A Ruger Sr1911 in 45. I have an SR9E and love it and the price at my local gun store on the SR1911 was too good to pass up. I had 675 out the door with my SMOS transfer rolled into it. Not too bad.

I moved the sight around and got it where it's comfortable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice I've had a few of them SR's and there really nice gun for the money, they have a few new versions out one with a rail..

Anyways good deal , sounds like sineine needs to go breakin a few new guns