I was just looking through old photos of mine on Photobucket and came across a few pics I thougt y'all may find interesting. Figured I would do a quick write up on the process for anyone who wants to make one.

Things You'll Need

3/8" x 10 1/2" turnbuckle
3/8" U-bolt
3/8" nut
3/8" Nylon locking nut
Standard valve stem
JB weld
Hacksaw

I started off by cutting the U-bolt in half and tapping the non-threaded portion exactly 2 inches, stopping just before the 90 degree corner. I then took a razor blade and cut about 1/2" of rubber off the top of the valve stem in order to achieve a smaller diameter and expose a little more metal. Then I just took apart the turnbuckle, applied about 1/2-3/4" worth of JB Weld in the bottom of the turnbuckle collar, and slid in the valve stem as far as it would go and held it in place for a couple minutes. After you let it dry, all that is left is to thread the turnbuckle collar onto the long side of the U-bolt, thread the regular nut onto the short side of the U-bolt as far as it will go, slide the U-bolt through the QD socket at the rear of the stock, and thread and tighten the Nylon locking nut.

Of course there are better, yet costly options out there, but if you enjoy DIY projects, saving money, and you don't require the stability/durability of other monopods such as Accu-Shot, this is a decent option. I'm not saying this is even close to the stability nor quality of Accu-Shot monopods, but it gets the job done. I have personally shot 1 bobcat, 1 raccoon, and a few hogs, anywhere from 50-200 yards with an Atlas bipod and this monopod. It may not be pretty, but it works.

Seeing as I no longer have a stock for it, it's free to anyone who wants to try it. Just post here that you want it. Also, I've never tried it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work on other stocks as well. As long as it has a QD socket at the rear of the stock it "should" work. And lastly, as you can see in the pictures below it has about a 3" adjustment range; 7" collapsed and 10" extended.

Let me know what y'all think!