Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah mine does the same thing too. I thought it was strange but chocked it up to the difference in the neck of the case. My buddy who reloads was all freaked out. I did not care because the gun ran well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Every .300 BO I own does this. As mentioned it's due to the case length. The spent case ejects earlier in the BCG's cycle and has time to rotate before it strikes the shell deflector. I built a slick side .300 I wound up giving to a friend because 75% of the cases bounced off my cheek(I'm a lefty). I have slick sided uppers on 7-8 rifles of various calibers and have never had that issue with any other ones. The annealed cases actually come out looking worse due to the softened brass.
    Last edited by SINNER; 16 March 2016 at 09:08.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmm, then why aren't mine doing the same thing?

Curious.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Hmmm, then why aren't mine doing the same thing?

Curious.
    Do you have a shell deflector?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Was back out tearing up some other loads, looking them over as usual, dented to crap on some and not much on others.. went home cleaned up a little and looked harder, I mean some of them the lip is bent to shit..

Most of these cases were FC marked converted brass , the factory S&b seemed to be the least dented..

Part 2, didn't put anything on the deflector, but thinking I should? Try a heavier buffer , has a carbine in in it now, maybe a H, or H2 like said above, which I don't have on hand for testing..

Shoots brass at about 3-4 o'clock 5/6 foot , depending

H110 reloads

110gr testers

Factory S&B 124gr fmj

I guess I'll bring out a H buffer next time, but I'm a little iffy using done of them tweaked/ twisted neck cases..

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is after 360 rounds saturday. The AXTS BCG must have a strong ejector spring?

Downloads
    Uploads

First 300 blackout build, question about brass and buffer

Joelski, is yours missing the deflector all together? Mine (with pistol gas/h2) showed the brass marks right away:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same ? Joelski missing it completely or are you covering it with something?

Mine looks like bzdog

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't cover the deflector. Those casings aren't even looking at the deflector on their way out. Puzzling.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If your rifle is timed and balanced and you have a 4 coil spring, black stand-off, and rubber o-ring or delta-ring in your extractor, the brass won't hit the deflector. As the extractor spring ages it will, minimally. The brass will all pile up at about your 4 O'CLock about 5-6 feet away in a neat little pile. Having a rifle that balances just under the chamber--right behind the magwell--and properly timed (I heard one guy here call it tuned and that's fine too) is critical to having the platform function like that in my experience. Joelski's picture doesn't lie. All my AR's do the same thing.
    Sturgill Simpson - You can have the Crown https://youtu.be/tNV16tz1NK0

Downloads
    Uploads
    Kinda not sure on that comment about balanced and timed has to do with this, tried different spring/ insert in extractor and no difference, have yet to try a h buffer to see..mine land at about 4 o clock but after hitting the deflector..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Kinda not sure on that comment about balanced and timed has to do with this, tried different spring/ insert in extractor and no difference, have yet to try a h buffer to see..mine land at about 4 o clock but after hitting the deflector..
    The balance and timing keep the rifle more stable while firing. If one side is heavier than the other you get a rocking boat effect. Your extractor spring may be older. That's my stab at it.
    Sturgill Simpson - You can have the Crown https://youtu.be/tNV16tz1NK0

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I don't cover the deflector. Those casings aren't even looking at the deflector on their way out. Puzzling.
    I've got 5.56 guns that eject like that and miss the shell deflector completely. Others, ejected cases beat the deflector like it owes them money.

Quote Originally Posted by DUX View Post
    If your rifle is timed and balanced and you have a 4 coil spring, black stand-off, and rubber o-ring or delta-ring in your extractor, the brass won't hit the deflector.
    A strong extractor spring, insert, and o-ring will certainly aid in getting the case out of the chamber, but probably don't do much for ejection.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    My 300BLK does the same thing. Uber dents just like pictured.