Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been using frog lube on my AR's and plastic pistols for a while and haven't had any problems. I don't go HAM when applying though.

I'm currently using 10-8 oil on my 1911's and something else for my bolt guns (I forget whats its called at the moment) but when I run out of the frog lube, I'm planning on trying out the Geissele purple goo or whatever its called.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    GL-90 gear lube, Mobil 1 10w40, wheel bearing grease, whatever I have in the shop is what I use. I don't see the point of all these weapon-specific lubes. Maybe someone will come out with Strawberry gun lube ... I like strawberries.
    ha..ha..ha...

Why didn't I see this coming.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Weaponshield and Slip are my usual. Bought a secondhand upper recently that had been stored a long time with BCG smothered in FL. How the heck do I get this glue off? Degreaser got most, but surface still feels tacky.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by schambers View Post
    I'm planning on trying out the Geissele purple goo or whatever its called.
    I'm actually really curious about this, after I saw Bill announced it in IV8888's video.

Sheeeeaat. Well from all the rumbling I've seen in this thread, guess I'll just got back to my Garand (holla at me Dstrb) - she don't give a fuq what type of grease I use lol.

On a more related note, I've been using FL since winter 2015 - haven't had any problem yet. Granted, I also haven't been shooting much to warrant a "proper" prognosis.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never used frog lube, and doubt i ever will. Even if there was hard, scientific evidence that it was the greatest lubricant ever known to mankind, I'm way too lazy to go to the trouble to strip all my weapons of any trace of other lubes or solvents, etc. to prep for application. I'll stick with Slip2000 EWL.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used froglube until it made me violently sick , I later realized that it was not actual frog lube but the excretion from poison dart frogs that was mislabeled by Botach that was back ordered over 4 years .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  Beerfestfrog (1).jpg
Views: 195
Size:  63.4 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Weaponshield and Slip are my usual. Bought a secondhand upper recently that had been stored a long time with BCG smothered in FL. How the heck do I get this glue off? Degreaser got most, but surface still feels tacky.
    I used Hoppes #9 to get it off of mine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. I'll give it a good soak 'n scrub.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Simmer down...no pun intended. What the heck are you talking about, needing a "tempering oven"? FL recommends "warming" the part up. Direct sun light is usually enough. A heat gun, or hair dryer (a cheap $5 hair dryer from the Dollar store works beautifully). You just warm it up enough for the stuff to liquefy and then wipe it off. Very little should remain. If you don't like the stuff (FL), don't use it, but don't use the forum to misinform folks that they need a tempering oven. If you are changing the temper from factory specs to whatever, please don't shoot in the lane next to me. This is FL we're talking about. We're not heat treating or heat soaking parts for NASA.

FT
    You were the one spouting off like no one but you knows how to apply the lube apparently. I was just proving a point that I assure you I did a better job than you did applying that garbage. I can post pics of the ultrasonic tank I prepped everything in also if you would like. LOL

This thread inspired me to throw the new Extreme into my game freezer to see how it reacted. Not good. Not as bad as the frozen candle the original became but within an hour it went from its typical thin viscosity to like cold maple syrup.

Mobil 1, and Aeroshell 33 and 64 is all I use anymore.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    Your lubricant application assistance device costs more than some of the firearms I own.
    It cost more than some of my firearms too. Lol Ovens that will reach 1400* don't come cheap. I had to purchase it for a job, preheating ductile iron to TIG weld in stainless bungs. It bounced from job to job in a Conex box for a few years and then I brought it home. It actually works very well for Cerakoting small parts, preheating gas blocks to fit on tight journals, and other random work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Thanks. I'll give it a good soak 'n scrub.
    You can try brake cleaner. Avail at Wal-Mart and other places for about $2.00 a can. The red and black can at Wally Worlds. I've used that stuff to clean about any kind of crud that exists, off of stuff, including firearms. (Just don't get it on plastics, polymers etc..) Gun Scrubber works great. Also, something you've probably already got in the house, WD-40, is great at cleaning metal parts. Actually Fl makes a "pre-cleaner" that can be used indoors or out.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper