Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads

Muzzle Device Questions

I just built my first rifle. I had two options for muzzle devices. Both free. (For me) :) One is a Lantac Dragon, the other is a Fossa 556 flash hider. (3 prong) I decided to try the Dragon, first. The Dragon works as advertised, but like all brakes, it's pretty loud. Part of my job is mixing sound for TV and film. I need to protect my hearing so I'm going to switch to the Fossa 556. It's great to read that my flash hider is still a good option. The Fossa has some minor muzzle rise mitigation, as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Muzzle devices are like chairs; there's an asshole for everyone ya got.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    UWone77 & E03; thank you for the warm welcome. It's much appreciated. I don't know much about sound suppressors as I've never owned one. I can see why guys who enjoy them wouldn't consider the A2 as an option for that reason after giving modern silencers the once over lightly (http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/GMT-HALO-9p932.htm). I did want to also suggest to the OP the following as an option if they have not made their mind up already, but do not want to go the A2 route. I've used this one years ago and found it to be a good break. My eyes are sensitive to recoil blast so I eventually even abandoned this item, but for those not as acutely affected by backblast it may prove a useful, if overlooked suggestion. It's the father of the Battlecomp. Thanks again. EGW Muzzle Brake A2 http://www.egwguns.com/index.php?p=c...arent=211&pg=1

P.S. OP; in case you are interested, I find the best balance point for the AR-15 to be about a half inch behind the magazine well. Roughly the point where the carrier group and bolt slam into the chamber of the barrel.
    Last edited by DUX; 17 March 2016 at 22:52.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DUX View Post
    I've used this one years ago and found it to be a good break. My eyes are sensitive to recoil blast so I eventually even abandoned this item, but for those not as acutely affected by backblast it may prove a useful, if overlooked suggestion. It's the father of the Battlecomp. Thanks again. EGW Muzzle Brake A2 http://www.egwguns.com/index.php?p=c...arent=211&pg=1
    I'm curious about this statement. How are they connected?
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    @ rob_s :) I say that, but I don't have any definitive proof of it. It's said in a half-joking manner on my part. It works on a similar principle to the Battlecomp (i.e. baffle across the front), but came out years before the Battlecomp did (2004 I believe). It does the same basic job as the Battlecomp, but the exhaust gasses are blown primarily upward rather than out to the side. You can get them for 30-40 bucks all day long on the used market so it's substantially cheaper. It's just an option to consider for the OP. Before the EGW came out I used to use an AK-74 break. Those still work pretty well too.