Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I am the king of over thinking so I can say this... don't over think it.
    How long have I been saying this to you... Just sayin...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    It was bound to sink in eventually

Downloads
    Uploads
    A concussive muzzle device won't matter to the neighbors. Just you and those on the line.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    On a certain level just trying to buy something over the internet on a first time purchase of something a person doesn't really 'get' until they test it out themselves is kind of difficult for some of us

As far as the OP is concerned I really do get it... you have like 900 choices and you get gray hair trying to figure out which one for your new build.

Just saying...it will help once you get one and test it. Then later on you can swap or not or form a much better opinion.

If you're not certain ask here on WEVO if anyone has tried it or not. If you have 3 or 4 people all saying 'you are good to go' then trust me, you will be good to go. I have yet to be steered wrong.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm looking to put the 7.62 Flashcomp on my 300 both for its virtues and as an attachment device. Presently, I'm using an SLR Synergy comp on my 223 and like it's perfor.ance and looks. I agree that a brake isn't as critical for a small caliber rifle as say, a .336L, or 50 BMG, but I also don't wring the last bit of accuracy out of my AR's at my level of skill at long range shooting. ymmv.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you looked at DeadAir's muzzle brake? It has ports designed to offset side concussion. Worth looking at. And then you can get our dead air suppressor later...

Downloads
    Uploads
    A device that claims to reduce flash and recoil will do both poorly.

The way to get reduced recoil without a blast is to fiddle-fuck with the internals; gas system and springs.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have BattleComp 1.0s on my rifles, and they all have A5 systems. That combo works fine for me. I'm told that the BattleComps are blasty but they don't bother me much from where I stand.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    A device that claims to reduce flash and recoil will do both poorly.

The way to get reduced recoil without a blast is to fiddle-fuck with the internals; gas system and springs.

This. On a properly tuned rifle, any brake will have minimal impact.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I recently tried out the battlecomp, seems good so far .using a epsilon on another and with limited run find it seems to work good, but is damn loud.

One I've been using for a little while now and really liking it is the SVcomp, that and swapping in a heavier buffer in that rifle it shoots way smoother then before..

This thread is like pickles ....so many to choose from , skinny ones, long ones, sweet of sour, or even deep fried....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    I recently tried out the battlecomp, seems good so far .using a epsilon on another and with limited run find it seems to work good, but is damn loud.

One I've been using for a little while now and really liking it is the SVcomp, that and swapping in a heavier buffer in that rifle it shoots way smoother then before..

This thread is like pickles ....so many to choose from , skinny ones, long ones, sweet of sour, or even deep fried....
    Well... put me down for some deep fried with a side of ranch!
    Graphic Designer
    Instagram: @EO3actual

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello. I'm new here. I'm just wanting to participate. I hope I don't step on any toes. I've used a few breaks and flash suppressors over the years and have always come back to the A2 birdcage. My personal experiences has been that recoil on an AR has more to do with the balance point of the rifle build rather than what's on the tip. Any gains in recoil reduction were more than off-set by being just flat out uncomfortable to shoot. The A2 does a much better job than a lot of people today give it credit for in my opinion. It's cheap, and that's why I think it's painted as being outdated by some. No money in it for the manufacturers. Again, it's just my personal experience here. I hope you enjoy your rife no matter what you choose.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DUX View Post
    Hello. I'm new here. I'm just wanting to participate. I hope I don't step on any toes. I've used a few breaks and flash suppressors over the years and have always come back to the A2 birdcage. My personal experiences has been that recoil on an AR has more to do with the balance point of the rifle build rather than what's on the tip. Any gains in recoil reduction were more than off-set by being just flat out uncomfortable to shoot. The A2 does a much better job than a lot of people today give it credit for in my opinion. It's cheap, and that's why I think it's painted as being outdated by some. No money in it for the manufacturers. Again, it's just my personal experience here. I hope you enjoy your rife no matter what you choose.
    Welcome, and yes you're right. A balanced carbine and a $5 A2 FH still does a great job. I think there's been a great marketing job for muzzle devices that are marginally better than the old A2. There are a lot more people "building" rifles, so it's been common to go out and buy a new muzzle device vs just sticking to what came on your barrel in a factory gun. Using more guns as suppressor hosts also affect this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DUX View Post
    Welcome to WEVO! Lots of great people here. I'm slowly learning this myself. I think like UW said, suppressor are part of the muzzle device fad, as the A2 isn't compatible. I think another thing, aside from the good marketing and fad, if you will, is that to a lot of people, it seems easier to go find a muzzle device that "reduces recoil, keeps your gun flat, etc." than it is to buy and adjustable gas block, or buy a lightweight BCG, or buy a different buffer and/or buffer spring. I know for a long time, before I learned what I know now, I was of that mindset. Overall, I think it's pretty hard to argue that the A2 isn't the best bang for your buck as far as muzzle devices go.
    Graphic Designer
    Instagram: @EO3actual

Downloads
    Uploads
    there is also, without a doubt, a certain amount of people trying to "buy skill" with a brake, and fake-ninja with a flash hider. Then you combine the tow and you get all of these marketing gneiuses coming up with brakes and giving them gunfighting names so that they appear to be suitable for ninja-ing and things go nuts. Battlecomp was the first one to do this I'm aware of and since then every single muzzle device claims to emit zero flash and zero muzzle rise and therefore be great for everything from gaming to killing moose-limbs.

There is a point in a shooter's skillset development where having a brake will help. The first of those points tend to be at the very beginning of their development where their skills are so lacking that mechanical aids take up some of the slack. The second point is at a very high level where someone like Jerry Miculek can actually take advantage of the marginal improvement in muzzle control gained with a quality brake by a very high level shooter.

Not sure if this image will come through or not, but this kind of sums it up.

WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET