Thread: My Trip

Downloads
    Uploads

My Trip

I figured since you guys are like family now I will let you all know what's going on...

I have been saving up for quite some time and planning an extended trip overseas. To be honest I am going for 100% fun and have no real plans on what I will do or exactly where I will go, at least not specifically, or when I am coming back. All I know is I am flying to Nairobi on Tuesday and I might be gone over there in that general area for a while. I don't know when I will return. I might be gone a year...not really sure. I will be back when I get back I guess.

Basically I have been going overseas all my life. It's in my DNA. I have lived in a bunch of different places so its kind of hard to explain that I enjoy going to different places and seeing different things and getting to know different people or cultures.

More or less on this trip I will fly into Nairobi and then use that as my base to go explore the Serengeti, go to the beach, go on Safari, or go to any number of places or countries in the region.

Before you think that I am going to live in a grass hut here is a picture of one of the many beaches in Kenya...(just sayin...)

I might go ride a hot air balloon over the Serengeti...Just whatever I can find.

My friend lives over there and has been there for a really long time already. He's American and owns a business there. I have living arrangements pretty much wrapped up. I am just going to see what I can find and see what I can see.

That's pretty much my plan.

Of course I should still have internet so I will still be here when I am not roaming around.
    Last edited by alamo5000; 11 March 2016 at 11:39.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that is awesome ! Be careful over there, and post pix as you travel.

Oh BTW, do you need someone to take care of any firearms you may be leaving behind?
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Before you think that I am going to live in a grass hut here is a picture of one of the many beaches in Kenya...(just sayin...)

Hey... I think if you squint really hard, you can make out a grass hut in the distance.

All jokes aside, sounds like you'll be having a lot of fun! Safe travels over there and wherever else you end up.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    I think that is awesome ! Be careful over there, and post pix as you travel.

Oh BTW, do you need someone to take care of any firearms you may be leaving behind?
    Nice try! LOL! I am leaving my guns at my parents. My dad is on my trust so it's no problem. He will also go pick up my 9mm can when it arrives.

I will definitely be taking as many pictures as I can...

I won't be shooting that much, at least my own guns... I will miss it but they will all be here when I get back.

Shooting guns and that stuff is in all honesty one of the things that I am having to 'give up' to some degree for a time... the rest of it... not so much. I was in a dead end job... I really wasn't having a lot of fun here like I should be (small town, no women, few friends to hang out with)... not the best situation for a single guy...

When I am 70 years old I don't want to be the 'I wish I had gone' or 'I wish I had done' kind of person... so why not? It's something I like just as much as I like firearms so why not mix it up a little?

Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Hey... I think if you squint really hard, you can make out a grass hut in the distance.

All jokes aside, sounds like you'll be having a lot of fun! Safe travels over there and wherever else you end up.
    Thanks man! Those grass huts on the side of the beach come with a waiter that brings you fruity drinks with little umbrellas in them LOL!!!

There are a ton of resorts all around that area. Lots of Europeans go there when it's like 40 below in Finland or whatever...

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks man! Those grass huts on the side of the beach come with a waiter that brings you fruity drinks with little umbrellas in them LOL!!!
    Now that's my kinda drank!

Enjoy!
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like big fun. Looking forward to some Afro-arms pix.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Sounds like big fun. Looking forward to some Afro-arms pix.
    I was thinking feet. I will send you some pictures of my feet while riding a hammock overlooking that beach

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! That looks amazing! To say i'm jealous would be an understatement. I have a difficult time getting two consecutive weeks off work! Have some fun for us poor bastards chained to a career! Safe travels!
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    Wow! That looks amazing! To say i'm jealous would be an understatement. I have a difficult time getting two consecutive weeks off work! Have some fun for us poor bastards chained to a career! Safe travels!
    Thanks man! I am hoping this trip is as epic as my last big one (or even more). My last big trip was awesome. If I could find a ***** decent job it might have been a tough decision but for me it wasn't hard leaving a place and situation that I wasn't happy in. I knew I was going to be quitting one way or another it's just this time I decided to go have some fun in the mean time.

Like I said, I am in a small little town, I don't have a lot of friends here, it's extremely rural so there are almost no women... about the only thing that is great is I could walk out my back door and shoot. In my back yard I have a pistol range and a 100 yard plate. If I stretch it I can do 200 yards. If I got the itch for long range stuff it's about a 15-20 min drive over to a private 1,400 yard range. I could go almost any time I wanted and would be the only one out there. Leaving the gun stuff (for a while) is going to be tough but there are other things that I want to do too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    I have a difficult time getting two consecutive weeks off work! Have some fun for us poor bastards chained to a career! Safe travels!
    By the way if you ever want to go on a trip overseas I am a pretty good consultant.

For me going off to other places is totally in my DNA. I can't help it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like an awesome trip. I lived overseas for a short stint...all I can say is that I didn't realize how much I missed America until I got back home. Visiting somewhere for a short period of time is nice, but living there gives you a different perspective. We live in a great country, and often take what we have for granted.

Downloads
    Uploads
    By the way if you ever want to go on a trip overseas I am a pretty good consultant.

For me going off to other places is totally in my DNA. I can't help it.
    Thanks for the offer! I shall definitely take you up on that sometime!
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice, some cool places...tons of places on my list of wants to see, never been out of WA lol..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some AK for you guys.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Looking forward to some Afro-arms pix.