Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Just my opinion on the reason why people are wanting one size fits all... it's not because of the suppressor it's because of the government. You could buy one Alpha and pay whatever that costs +$200 bucks and have one six month wait... or you can buy 3 different cans +$600 in tax stamps plus what each suppressor costs.

I would think that manufacturers are making products for market demand otherwise they wouldn't be in business. Most people are recreational shooters and I think as the suppressor market grows it's not growing in the actual LEO/SEAL/Ranger/SWAT/Whatever arena....I would venture to say going forward the most suppressors are being bought by average joes who want to go pig hunting or whatever.
    Agree 100%
    Silencer Shop
    Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's, Rugged, SIG, SureFire, Tactical Solutions,Thunder Beast, YHM
    www.silencershop.com
    512-931-4556

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Just my opinion on the reason why people are wanting one size fits all... it's not because of the suppressor it's because of the government. You could buy one Alpha and pay whatever that costs +$200 bucks and have one six month wait... or you can buy 3 different cans +$600 in tax stamps plus what each suppressor costs.

I would think that manufacturers are making products for market demand otherwise they wouldn't be in business. Most people are recreational shooters and I think as the suppressor market grows it's not growing in the actual LEO/SEAL/Ranger/SWAT/Whatever arena....I would venture to say going forward the most suppressors are being bought by average joes who want to go pig hunting or whatever.
    Oh, agree on all counts.

But I also know the firearms market, and need-to-spend-money exponentially outweighs actual-need/use. So the guy that thinks he wants "one size fits all" for his first can is likely to very quickly determine he wants more things to buy, and when those guys all reach that point at the same time they'll be clamoring for something else, and the market will adjust accordingly. Logic, reason, and rational thought are infrequently actual criteria in the consumer market. Emotion, ego, hole-in-soul, etc. are the real drivers.
    Last edited by rob_s; 18 March 2016 at 07:36.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET