Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    What in the world did he do to his exhaust? Beat on it with a lead pipe?
    Heh... guess he didn't order the backup camera.

My OCD would force me to get that fixed same day. Or an excuse to get the DINAN Stage 2 kit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What in the world did he do to his exhaust? Beat on it with a lead pipe?
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Heh... guess he didn't order the backup camera.

My OCD would force me to get that fixed same day. Or an excuse to get the DINAN Stage 2 kit.
    It was totaled and he has been fixing it as he can I believe he is going to upgrade it , you should see the rim he curbed !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    This reminds of voodooman's favorite "reviews" from people who have never touched the product.

Current E70 had for 5 years. First 4 years, BMW paid for all the maintenance. I usually get 1 oil change a year at $85 for Full synthetic. It just needed new brakes, so with $240 worth of parts, I did them myself.

Parents have an 8 year old E70, same deal for the last 4 years. Last 4, all they've needed are yearly oil changes, Cabin Filters at $25 (5 bolts and you swap it out yourself) 2 headlight bulbs at $8 a piece, and 4 Brakes/Rotors at $350.
    Thinking about this thread.

Parents '08 X5 in the last 12 months

Replaced the battery
    Replaced the oil pan
    Leaking oil issue.

$1200 repair bill... still not bad for a car that's 11 years old with 90k on it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    BMW X5 50i xDrive

I couldn't say no to the big engine. It's also got the M Sport package, and the exhaust system in that package sounds simply sublime.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since BMW stopped making any sense with their naming convention long ago, what does the "50i" mean now? I'm assuming this is the equivalent to what a 550 (or 545) used to be many years ago, but what are they actually selling now with that number scheme?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    BMW X5 50i xDrive

I couldn't say no to the big engine. It's also got the M Sport package, and the exhaust system in that package sounds simply sublime.
    I absolutely love the new X5's interior. It's the exterior, namely the rear end that's prevented me from thinking about an upgrade. The rear reminds me of a KIA.

Although I don't think I'd ever pull the trigger on an X5 M at new prices, the 2020 X5 M50i would probably make me think twice, even with the butt ugly rear end.

Since BMW stopped making any sense with their naming convention long ago, what does the "50i" mean now? I'm assuming this is the equivalent to what a 550 (or 545) used to be many years ago, but what are they actually selling now with that number scheme?
    Still a 4.4 liter, but they've been using the 50i badge for awhile now. Mine's got that badge for the previous generation V8 X5

Downloads
    Uploads
    Obviously people can do what they want with their money. I'm certainly guilty of this as much as anyone else, but I still don't get the "X5M." There was one parked next to me at the grocery store today, and they were getting in as I was loading. Exhaust: awesome. Otherwise, I just don't get it. But the "M340i" that drove by had my attention. Didn't realize that was a thing yet. But still, my M235i does just great, so I'm good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a 4.4L twin turbo V8. So basically, what UW said.

Obviously people can do what they want with their money. I'm certainly guilty of this as much as anyone else, but I still don't get the "X5M." There was one parked next to me at the grocery store today, and they were getting in as I was loading. Exhaust: awesome. Otherwise, I just don't get it. But the "M340i" that drove by had my attention. Didn't realize that was a thing yet. But still, my M235i does just great, so I'm good.
    The X5M is definitely a beast, but not something i'm willing to spend money on. While mine has the M Sport package, it's not nearly as extreme as the X5M. It still has all the utility of the standard X5. I didn't even opt for the 22" wheel package since i still want to use it to go up to the hills. If i was going to spend $100k+ on a tru M car, i'd be look at the M5 Competition or the M8 Competition. The M2 is pretty tantalizing as well...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    I absolutely love the new X5's interior. It's the exterior, namely the rear end that's prevented me from thinking about an upgrade. The rear reminds me of a KIA.

Although I don't think I'd ever pull the trigger on an X5 M at new prices, the 2020 X5 M50i would probably make me think twice, even with the butt ugly rear end.
    I like the body lines of the new X5 quite a lot, but the tail lights are still growing on me. And i agree, the interior is fantastic. The X5M is slick, but i got sick of replacing expensive summer performance tires that only lasted 15k miles (normal according to BMW, and of course the only run flat available in that size) and can only imagine what the X5M would do to tires, especially if it wasn't kept on paved roads. I was soooooooo tempted to wait for the 2020 X5 M50i, but the 2019 had everything i wanted (minus the extra power of the 2020), and with the combination of incentive money from BMW and the generous trade-in offer, i couldn't pass it up.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    The incentives and cash right now are insanely good, but the main thing holding me back from upgrading... I just turned 14k on mine, and it's paid for. Makes resisting the urge much easier. Hoping for a mid-generation refresh and update on the lights. The kidney grill is too damn big too... but that cockpit is sexy AF.

More pics man!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The incentives and cash right now are insanely good, but the main thing holding me back from upgrading... I just turned 14k on mine, and it's paid for. Makes resisting the urge much easier. Hoping for a mid-generation refresh and update on the lights. The kidney grill is too damn big too... but that cockpit is sexy AF.

More pics man!
    If i were in your position, i'd have kept what i had. My trade was 7 1/2 years old with 75k miles, and in need of both summer and winter tires, as well as some maintenance. It was time for something new. Honestly, the larger kidney grill looks pretty good on the X5, to my eye anyway. Maybe i'm just getting used to the new design language. I do think the X7's grill is way too big, though. The new X5 cockpit is definitely where it's at...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got a 5-series loaner this summer with that new speedo/tach setup. Obviously it's adaptable, but what I didn't like about it is the tach goes the wrong way from the way it's gone since the dawn of time. Seeing it rise from the right instead of the left was a little weird. I only drove the car a few miles, so didn't really experience it very much, but I think I just prefer a tach to move like any other western gauge, especially since I tend to drive off a tach and gear indication more than the speedometer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got a 5-series loaner this summer with that new speedo/tach setup. Obviously it's adaptable, but what I didn't like about it is the tach goes the wrong way from the way it's gone since the dawn of time. Seeing it rise from the right instead of the left was a little weird. I only drove the car a few miles, so didn't really experience it very much, but I think I just prefer a tach to move like any other western gauge, especially since I tend to drive off a tach and gear indication more than the speedometer.
    That drove me crazy at first, having the tach move the wrong way. I've since gotten used to it, and it doesn't even register anymore. I actually use the HUD more than the main instrument cluster for speed information. The HUD can also be configured with a tach (moving left to right).

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only REAL M3
    https://i.postimg.cc/8CLQPmwx/d4270f...bf4e92e-14.jpg

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is a crazy looking cockpit..

Wow