Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My e85 will always be my "first," but this thing is impressive.

Last edited by gatordev; 29 May 2016 at 17:20.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you go with the xDrive?

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, just no need for it. Yeah, I know, it's quicker (at least in a straight line), but I don't feel like I'm missing out.

One more quick and dirty iPhone pic:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, living in FL, no real need for the xDrive.

For us, the All Season Tires and xDrive were our preference.

Congrats though, I know I didn't have to twist your arm much. The M235i is an amazing car.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice ride, gatordev!
    Graphic Designer
    Instagram: @EO3actual

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

Congrats though, I know I didn't have to twist your arm much. The M235i is an amazing car.
    Yeah, it was on the radar before you started getting really serious. Given future potential career changes, and a car that was still fantastic, but losing value, it seemed like the right time. Add in the 4/50K going away, and it's probably going to work out just fine.

Trying to be good and keep it under control for break in, but even doing that, I got on an on-ramp today with no one in front of me and just wow. Still learning where it starts to lose traction, but it wasn't even concerned about the turn today, and I wasn't even on the right driving line.

Also still trying to figure out the gearing. Looks like M2 is basically 1st, unless you're coming off the line, so M3 will be "2nd." So far, I haven't been able to let it manage itself. Old habits die hard.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Thanks!

Yeah, it was on the radar before you started getting really serious. Given future potential career changes, and a car that was still fantastic, but losing value, it seemed like the right time. Add in the 4/50K going away, and it's probably going to work out just fine.

Trying to be good and keep it under control for break in, but even doing that, I got on an on-ramp today with no one in front of me and just wow. Still learning where it starts to lose traction, but it wasn't even concerned about the turn today, and I wasn't even on the right driving line.

Also still trying to figure out the gearing. Looks like M2 is basically 1st, unless you're coming off the line, so M3 will be "2nd." So far, I haven't been able to let it manage itself. Old habits die hard.
    I've already been looking at a Dinan Cold Air Intake and Stage 2 kit... I think it would be fun turning this into a pocket rocket.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've already been looking at a Dinan Cold Air Intake and Stage 2 kit... I think it would be fun turning this into a pocket rocket.
    The CA and the Genius were talking about the Stage 2 kit, and how it wasn't much money while keeping the car under warranty, all in front of my wife. When she heard all of that, she actually didn't roll her eyes and instead said, "Wow." So there's hope down the line.

But for now, resources are allocated towards a house. Stupid responsibility.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They are really nice looking cars. What is the difference between the M235 and the M2?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    They are really nice looking cars. What is the difference between the M235 and the M2?
    $245 on the ticket.

There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    The M2 is faster 0-60 4.2 sec vs 4.4 for the M235i xDrive and 4.6 for the standard RWD M235i. The M2 does the quarter in 12.7 seconds, and the M235 is right around 13 secs.

Horsepower on the M2 is 365, M235i has 320. The M2 as you expect has "M" tuned engine, as both are 3.0 litre turbocharged inline 6's.

M2's MSRP at 52,695, so you can actually spend less on an M2 vs a M235i loaded. We wanted the xDrive vs the limited slip.

I'd say the M2 is more of a track car, where the M235i is a daily driver, with just enough "M" to satisfy the enthusiast.

Downloads
    Uploads
    M2's MSRP at 52,695, so you can actually spend less on an M2 vs a M235i loaded.
    Assuming you pay MSRP. It's always amazing what you can make happen at the end of the month. Meanwhile there are apparently 5 people here on the M2 wait-list and only 2 cars allocated at the moment. I think the M2 will be at least MSRP for a year or two.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The M2 is faster 0-60 4.2 sec vs 4.4 for the M235i xDrive and 4.6 for the standard RWD M235i. The M2 does the quarter in 12.7 seconds, and the M235 is right around 13 secs.

Horsepower on the M2 is 365, M235i has 320. The M2 as you expect has "M" tuned engine, as both are 3.0 litre turbocharged inline 6's.

M2's MSRP at 52,695, so you can actually spend less on an M2 vs a M235i loaded. We wanted the xDrive vs the limited slip.

I'd say the M2 is more of a track car, where the M235i is a daily driver, with just enough "M" to satisfy the enthusiast.
    Not very much difference performance wise. Xdrive is s must here. Tried the having a 4WD vehicle as a spare and it just didn't work out like we hoped.

Assuming you pay MSRP. It's always amazing what you can make happen at the end of the month. Meanwhile there are apparently 5 people here on the M2 wait-list and only 2 cars allocated at the moment. I think the M2 will be at least MSRP for a year or two.
    From what I've seen in the brief amount of time looking here, paying MSRP for a M2 would be a dream come true. I think I would just jump up to the M3 for the numbers they are posting for M2's.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the difference for us was the roughly 2k more for the xDrive.

I think the M2 will be highly sought after, much like the 1 Series M was. In fact most 1 Series M's are going for just as much as they were new right now. The entry fee for an M2 is so much lower than an M3 but at 98% of the performance. I really like how driving the 2 series reminds me of the dimensions of the E46.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Posting this not because I think it's anything special, but in hopes UW can come up with something much more creative. I just couldn't blur the flags enough with the lens and distance I was at without doing it in post.