Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Won a raffle for a noveske gen 3 lower

off of instagram. i bought $100 in tickets for it. What should i build?

a couple of things to take into consideration. I have to pin a muzzle brake since i live in sucky NJ, so i like 14.5"

i already have a noveske gen 2 14.5" and a gen 1 18" (not factory rifle although the 14.5" is a noveske factory upper)

i have a spare 13.5" NSR and a colt "CS" stock. I was thinking of the colt CS stock and trying to get my hands on a noveske gen 3 upper and noveske NQR instead of the NSR.

Downloads
    Uploads
    First off congrats. That's a good deal...

Second this... https://www.rainierarms.com/noveske-...ipped?___SID=U

I say you could do one of those 13.7 with a a b.e Meyers mount pinned to make it legal. The rest is whatever you decide lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately my state sucks and a BE Meyers wouldn't work. I know the muzzle device will be the socom surefire brake. That upper will work but I think I might have better luck with a NQR if I get a complete upper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I never understood using a super long muzzle device pinned to a short barrel. You lose velocity and gain nothing in terms of compactness.

I'd do a 'ghan barrel on a Gen 1 upper. Roll it old school. The Gen 3 has nothing to offer performance-wise. I mis-read, thought you got a Gen 1 lower. By all means match away.

If you lived in a free state, I'd say 10.3" barrel, Colt Govt. upper and DD RIS-II rail for a MK 18-ish clone.

I'm gonna put on my turnout gear, the rabid fanbois are coming...
    Last edited by Joelski; 19 March 2016 at 02:35.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I vote Afghan 14.5" as well

I've got a 15, 13.5, and a 9.15" NQR all dying for Noveske uppers, but just haven't made it a priority.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wsaraceni View Post
    Unfortunately my state sucks and a BE Meyers wouldn't work. I know the muzzle device will be the socom surefire brake. That upper will work but I think I might have better luck with a NQR if I get a complete upper.
    What state? If it works in CA I'm sure it will work in most places :) Do they specifically say no flash hiders?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Naytwan View Post
    What state? If it works in CA I'm sure it will work in most places :) Do they specifically say no flash hiders?
    I think the issue is the "evil features" list. CA doesn't really care about most of the evil features, just whether it's a flash hider vs brake if coupled with a non-pistol grip. States like NJ have the limited, set number of evil features, so you can only have one or two. With a detachable magazine, I believe that only leaves the pistol grip. I may be a bit off on NJ law (never cared to learn it), but you get the idea. It's basically more akin to the old AWB then CA's laws, which have a considerable amount of loopholes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    NJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Naytwan View Post

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think this is what I'll do. 13.5" NQR. GEN 3 upper. 14.5" pinned afghan. Will go well with my CHF 14.5"
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I vote Afghan 14.5" as well

I've got a 15, 13.5, and a 9.15" NQR all dying for Noveske uppers, but just haven't made it a priority.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would skip the Gen 3 upper and find a Noveske marked MUR.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any reason why? My first rifle was a MUR. It's definitely nicer than the gen 1 but I don't see a huge functional difference.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any reason why? My first rifle was a MUR. It's definitely nicer than the gen 1 but I don't see a huge functional difference.
    If you're going for looks, I'd get a Gen III Upper, the lines match up well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was mainly going to go gen 3 upper just for looks. Not that I'd choose looks over a better part.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was mainly going to go gen 3 upper just for looks. Not that I'd choose looks over a better part.
    I hear you, so far all my Gen III stuff so far has been GTG. The VLTOR MUR is the best upper on the market IMHO, but it's overbuilt, and how many times have we seen an actual upper fail?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im still bouncing around on the NSR vs NQR. If I decide NSR I'll probably use my spare one, get a gen 3 upper, and have the 3 pieces sent out for cerakote. Something similar to the disruptive grey on the Haley strategic jack.