Downloads
    Uploads

7mm Valkyrie Round 2

Well its been about a year, and a deer season later, and its been a good one. Testing has been great and is continuing now that we move into making brass from Lake City 308 which is moving along nicely with about four of us working loads. Field tests were excellent, 2 whitetail taken with great results, recently did some beaver eradication work at night that the VAR performed perfectly with. So now that Bruce has announced another barrel order scheduled for Apr. 9th I now have three more builds to plan and complete. One is for myself, and two for others, all 18'' SPR profile mid gas. Mine and one other will be complete builds with one just being an upper for dad that will most likely be a piston setup. I'll end up posting the builds but may just role em all up in one thread, one of the builds I already have most of the parts since I let him shop a lot of my spare items I've been collecting and we've nearly built up a rifle just from my parts draw. I've actually rebuilt my original 20'' test barrel on my Noveske and Wilson Combat receivers to fully dedicate it to a suppressed night rig which will free up my ambi CMT lower for the new 18'' build. I really want to give the CMT sidecharge upper a try now but of course, out of stock but hopefully not too long of a wait since I really would like to keep it all CMT for the receivers. I also have already ordered the rail which I'll be giving a full report on since not many have handled one yet it seems, 13.7'' SLR MLOCK Helix, caught a deal on it that I just couldn't refuse lol.
    So, for anyone that would like to know more about the VAR, or interested in picking up a barrel just let me know. X-caliber will be doing the barrels again, I think we all agreed that got to try them on the last buy were impressed and ranked them as high end quality, I've enjoyed mine, accuracy is excellent, machining and engraving is top notch, and you literally barely have to clean after break in of about 75-100 rounds. This is still a reloaders round and simply not for everyone but it is a joy to shoot and one of the apex rounds for standard AR15 I believe that can be used for some serious hunting. Also we have a 7mm Valkyrie facbook group if anyone would like to join to see what we have going on that I'll get the link to up if anyones interested and we'll get ya added

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good stuff and we always like pics..

So is this round catching on more? Die sets, brass, etc?

Downloads
    Uploads

Example of LC large primer brass loaded with 140gr Sierra Game Kings

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Good stuff and we always like pics..

So is this round catching on more? Die sets, brass, etc?
    Thanks, and yea, there's alot of guys looking to get into it. Working up the loads for cheaper Lake City surplus brass will make it a little more appealing to some being it is over half the cost of Lapua but I myself just like Lapua brass, and the fact it's small primer. You're looking at about 100fps loss using the LC brass or about 2gr less capacity.

Downloads
    Uploads

This will be pretty much how the 20" barrel will stay now as my night rifle once I swap the night vision back in, the Vortex is much easier to work with while I've been doing some load development with the LC brass. The Noveske lower and Wilson Combat upper go together beautifully I think.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good stuff, looks like it's got some good numbers..

nice looking rifle