• Ballistic Advantage Barrel

0 0%
  • Rainier Arms Rock Creek Barrel

4 100.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Any reason not to look at Douglas? They're the ones that make the original. Sometimes you can find the Centurion Arms one for sale, though they go very quick....just checked and he has 6 in stock: http://www.centurionarms.com/product...lon--mk12b.htm These barrels are absolutely fantastic and also the correct SPR contour if you want to put the Ops collar on there. If I didn't have over $1K in car repairs for my 4Runner this month, I might almost be convinced to grab another one and put it away for later.

Are the Rainier barrels SPR contour? If not, that might not be the best choice only because the OP said he wanted to use the Ops collar. I'd love to rave about my Rainier barrel, but mine "lost" somewhere in Michigan (not Rainier's fault). Hopefully someday it will return to me attached to a receiver I sent with it.
    http://www.ak47.net/archive/topic.ht...f=179&t=232966

According to their ARFCOM industry guy, the 18" barrel I posted is Ops/AEM compatible

There are so many solid choices out there, it's hard to go wrong. I just had to start building my list one at a
    time!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    http://www.ak47.net/archive/topic.ht...f=179&t=232966

According to their ARFCOM industry guy, the 18" barrel I posted is Ops/AEM compatible

There are so many solid choices out there, it's hard to go wrong. I just had to start building my list one at a
    time!
    Yeah, I looked closer last night on a better monitor and could see the step for the collar. That's a nice touch on Rainier's part. I agree, lots of great choices.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Brother... tell me more about this story of the lost barrel!
    A little project that was the result of too many good Black Friday deals. I'm saving the details for when I get it back, but short version, I sent the assembly to Operation Parts for assembly and to cerakote the receiver. That was January. Apparently they couldn't match the paint when trying to match the rail. That was March. I haven't heard back if it's even been painted yet. Hopefully that can happen so it can go back to Op Parts so he can install the barrel.

It's been a frustratingly long process.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nijikon84 View Post
    LOL!

I remember the grief UWone gave you over the PEPR mount. Don't worry, I'm a Bobro / LaRue Mount user myself .
    Oh, that was someone else he was razzing. I just find it funny. I get a kick out of the different crowds/cultures/vibes on the different shooting forums. On WEVO, people like to spend a lot of money for pretty things that don't really improve functionality (to the contrary, I see a lot of things on here were people pay extra to diminish functionality). Saying or using the wrong brand name on WEVO will get you some interesting comments. Over on the 68Forums, they like to love on PEPR mounts, UTG handguards, and $200 scopes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Want some solid advice? Buy the Douglas if you are going to use it suppressed. If you buy an off the shelf Rifle gas barrel in 18" , and it is a "SPR" but not a MK12 profile, you are going to have the barrel profiled by ADCO anyway. The problem with these "so called" SPR barrels, is that they overgas the shit out the gas port, and then they won't tell you the size of the port, like it's some national secret. The MK12 needs a .097-.099 gas port to run suppressed. I had to dick with my White Oak to get it to run right, and finally ended up looking at the gas port on the barrel and it was WAY oversized to run non suppressed. I'd tell you all the size, but I'd have to kill you, because barrel retailers like to keep that shit super secret.......now the Douglas isn't the greatest barrel for accuracy, but it will run.

Downloads
    Uploads
    One more note......just because it says "ops inc compatible" doesn't mean the collar will work. Also found that out the hard way with White Oak. I Ultimately had Ron Allen make me custom collars so the AEM5 times exactly 7 turns on all my collared rifles. Some profiles will have you running 13-14 turns on the can, and messing up your first baffle.