Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @JGifford: It's gone FULL-ON COL. KURTZ! :) "It is my dream. It is my nightmare."
    Sturgill Simpson - You can have the Crown https://youtu.be/tNV16tz1NK0

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reading the .pdf, at least we now get wear scar and coefficient of friction data...and interesting enough, fireclean destroyed weaponshield.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The AR platform has reached full maturity and the civilian weapons industry is winding down from the hype frenzy of several years ago. Even if Fireclean was the best thing since sliced bread it's all minor improvements on what is already out there. In the end, so few actually care that the impact is non-existent. This is the way all industries ebb. As the pool of money recedes the insiders feed upon one another. The entire thing reeks of desperation and sadness. Time for lazer beams boys, the throwing rocks at high speed is passe. :)

It got too gucci and jumped the shark IMO. All of it. This will--in my opinion of course--be seen as the final death nail in the explosion of weapons related industry that followed on the heels of our longest war and the sunset of the Assault Weapons Bill. It's an implosion; so much more than just a beef between ego's over a lube. In my opinion, again; got to make sure that's stated.
    Last edited by DUX; 1 April 2016 at 18:34.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    The burden of proof lies with the accuser not with the defendant.
    Exactly.

Fireclean is the accuser, Andrew is the defendant.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    So, 35 posts, and I still don't have a clear answer. I'm hungry, and I want to know, can I fry an egg and baloney sandwich in fire clean or not? If not, I still have some froglube left. What's it take to get a straight answer around here?

NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Considering the testing methods used by the blogger I'd say no. But as always I will encourage you to test the theory. Please post results. LMFAO

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    So, 35 posts, and I still don't have a clear answer. I'm hungry, and I want to know, can I fry an egg and baloney sandwich in fire clean or not?
    Try it and tell us if you feel funny afterwards...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd advise against going to an internet forum about guns for a clear answer about anything. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Considering the testing methods used by the blogger I'd say no. But as always I will encourage you to test the theory. Please post results. LMFAO
    Yes FT, be scientific! Test the theory. Make sure you film the whole process. You know... For science.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How about reducing wild onions in a pan, skimming off the oil that it produces, putting that on one rifle, and Fireclean on another? You can darn well eat the onion residue. I'd be interested in seeing 500 rounds shot out of two DI AR-15's close in build quality, and what the carrier group looks like for each afterward. It wouldn't say much about Fireclean, but it would say alot about wild onion residue, and let people make up their minds which they want to pay for. Fireclean, or Free onions?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DUX View Post
    How about reducing wild onions in a pan, skimming off the oil that it produces, putting that on one rifle, and Fireclean on another? You can darn well eat the onion residue. I'd be interested in seeing 500 rounds shot out of two DI AR-15's close in build quality, and what the carrier group looks like for each afterward. It wouldn't say much about Fireclean, but it would say alot about wild onion residue, and let people make up their minds which they want to pay for. Fireclean, or Free onions?
    On a serious note, I was using a Vltor A5H2 buffer in my DDM4 mid-length, but with a 0.073" gas port, it's way over-gassed, so I moved to a A5H4 buffer. Fouling is MUCH LESS. This is why I think rifle-to-rifle comparisons of fouling are bunk.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd just like to point out that you can go ask Tim Bax about the onion residue thing. It's real. He runs a jungle school in the US. Vickers has attended I'm sure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DUX View Post
    I'd just like to point out that you can go ask Tim Bax about the onion residue thing. It's real. He runs a jungle school in the US. Vickers has attended I'm sure.
    Maybe I'm warped, but I'm not very happy right now. You made me Google this Tim Bax character, which led me to his jungle training website, which caused me to notice that civilian courses were available, which may well have sabotaged my chance at a "normal" vacation in the Caribbean in the future.

But I'll be smarter for it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fireclean Responds:

FireClean LLC has recently filed a lawsuit against Andrew Tuohy and Everett Baker, asserting defamation and Virginia Business Conspiracy Act claims against these defendants, who with the specific purpose of harming FireClean, initiated a protracted and intentional smear campaign against the company.

FIREClean’s patent application was publicly accessible online two years before Tuohy wrote about FIREClean®. The patent application, on the very first page, describes a product that is composed of at least three substances, which may be plant or vegetable-based oils, and which make up between 25 and 100 percent of the formulation. Tuohy never undertook to test this statement. He chose a test that would give him the result he wanted so that he could publish sensational headlines. An infrared spectroscopy analysis was not sufficient to distinguish FIREClean® from Crisco vegetable or canola oil, and Tuohy knew this. Moreover, even after publishing his articles, Tuohy was alerted to this fact by other readers of his blog, and he never undertook to correct his analysis or conclusions.

When Tuohy told us that he intended to publish his first article- the night before he published it- and told us what his conclusions would be, we asked him for a chance to read it first, so we could provide a proper response. He refused. In his blog post he stated, “That is not how this blog works.”

Clearly, Tuohy wanted to turn a blind eye to anything that might tamper down his eye-grabbing headlines. He wanted readership, not the truth.

Some recent public social media comments have compared our suit against Tuohy to a David-versus-Goliath First Amendment case. It is anything but that. In fact, Tuohy has as many aircraft registered in his name as FireClean has employees (two). FireClean is a small business that has been subject to an unprovoked and unfair attack.

FIREClean® is not Crisco Vegetable nor Canola oil – nor otherwise common vegetable oil. FIREClean® is a proprietary, high-efficiency formulation that yielded unprecedented results in Tuohy’s own live-fire use. Tuohy’s separate statements that are the subject of our lawsuit were false, continuous, persistent, and maliciously made. FireClean has no choice but self defense. Anyone who thinks the company is wrong for doing so has clearly never had their livelihood attacked by someone engaged in a protracted smear campaign.

The Citizens of the United States of America certainly enjoy the freedom of speech provided in the First Amendment. But just as it is illegal to run into a crowded theater and yell “fire” when there is no fire, there are limits on—and repercussions to—speech that is intentionally or negligently false, that causes harm to another. These are the rights that we seek to vindicate.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is direct from the first page of the Fireclean patent application:

.... a product that is composed of at least three substances, which may be plant or vegetable-based oils, and which make up between 25 and 100 percent of the formulation.

So, if some random bottle of the stuff is made up of canola oil, vegetable oil and corn oil, - 3 substances and making up the 100% of what's in the bottle, by all means, go ahead and fry an egg in it
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.