Downloads
    Uploads

Fortis Manufacturing Night Rail

Fortis Manufacturing's Night Rail is now shipping. Rainier Arms has them elusively first.

https://www.rainierarms.com/fortis-n...system-12-mlok

***Exclusive introductory price!***

MSRP-$249.95

Intro Price-$199.95

When designing the Night Rail™, we wanted to design a handguard that was easy to install, but also to be able to mount with a full 360 degrees of contact. Our new patent pending two piece barrel nut is one of a kind. We developed this from the ground up and the machining time it takes to make the barrel nut, rivals the time making the actual rail. That's not to say the rail is simple to make. One look and you'll see that we really took time with this in design and development. What we ended up with is a rail that not only looks amazing, but is still true to our lightweight brand. The barrel nut/mounting system keeps the rail performing even during the harshest conditions.

Being one of the leaders in the industry of rail innovation and design, it's always a challenge to innovate new products that function well, but look great also. We're up for the challenge with the next chapter of our product line - the Night™ Series. I think you'll agree that we hit a homerun with the Night Rail™.

Features:

Material: Aircraft Grade 6061-T6 Aluminum / Barrel Nut: 4140 Steel
    Proprietary, patent pending 2 piece barrel nut that provides 360 degree contact
    Free float rail design
    No visible screws on the rail system
    Will include barrel nut wrench to install
    8.9 oz Without the barrel nut
    Barrel nut is 3.9 oz
    1.37" Internal Diameter
    Made in the USA!

Name:  fortis-night-rail-556mm-free-float-rail-system-12-mlok-ntr-12-mlok-by-fortis-mfg-c00.jpg
Views: 3475
Size:  29.2 KB
    Name:  fortis-night-rail-556mm-free-float-rail-system-12-mlok-ntr-12-mlok-by-fortis-mfg-8a3.jpg
Views: 3640
Size:  37.0 KB
    Name:  fortis-night-rail-556mm-free-float-rail-system-12-mlok-ntr-12-mlok-by-fortis-mfg-bb2.jpg
Views: 3250
Size:  22.5 KB
    Name:  fortis-night-rail-556mm-free-float-rail-system-12-mlok-ntr-12-mlok-by-fortis-mfg-d4f.jpg
Views: 4127
Size:  17.9 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    This would be a good replacement for my original Rev.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Need to get some of these for sure!

Visit our IG page @sfptac or the website

WWW.SFPTAC.COM

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did the final design keep the opening at the front of the rail at 1.49"? Wondering cause tucking a standard diameter suppressor on the end would be perfect.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like it

Check me out on YouTube and Facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does 12 mean 12 I looked on RA and fortis does not give any measurements

Check me out on YouTube and Facebook

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  Night Rail.jpg
Views: 3669
Size:  160.0 KB

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    The new Rainier/Fortis 14" rail arrived today. I jumped on the Apex only offer.

First impressions: excellent. I am really digging the barrel nut/attachment design. Though it must be timed, the timing indexes easily with the way the gas tube groove is designed. The grooves taper to a point at the gas tube entry on the upper receiver. Easy to eyeball that all is aligned without needing the tube to verify. And locking the rail down with the pins in the inner expansion nut is easy and secure. I taped the pins as the well-written instructions suggested and all went together smoothly. I'd like to see this barrel nut technology on other rail designs.

I've been curious about the ID. Fortis's site (lack I checked) states the ID of the rail as the 1.49". This is misleading for the armchair researcher who is more curious to know the opening at the end of the rail. The opening at the end tapers out to 2 1/8".

The length of the 14" rail is actually 14 7/16" by my tape measure.

Rainier said they made design changes from the original Night rail. I've no idea what they are apart from logo. The Rainier logo, which often lacks taste in so many of their rebranded products is understated here with just the blacked out mountain peak forward of the sling mount.

The machining is excellent and the edges smooth. The typical forward vertical trusses Fortis design is know have subtle edges which enhance the grip. This is my first fortis designed rail so I cannot compare this to their other rails.

Because of the length and taper of the rail, a 14.5" barrel would be perfect for tucking a muzzle device inside the tapered end. A linear comp or standard 1.5" suppressor will tuck beautifully.

My plan is to play with the 16" BAD barrel before getting a 14.5" barrel in the near future. That will hit the sweet spot on this upper for me.

Here's a pic. I'll be changing out the VERT stock for a traditional buffer tube and likely adding a DeadAir flash suppressor on muzzle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A little mix & match.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    The new Rainier/Fortis 14" rail arrived today. I jumped on the Apex only offer.

First impressions: excellent. I am really digging the barrel nut/attachment design. Though it must be timed, the timing indexes easily with the way the gas tube groove is designed. The grooves taper to a point at the gas tube entry on the upper receiver. Easy to eyeball that all is aligned without needing the tube to verify. And locking the rail down with the pins in the inner expansion nut is easy and secure. I taped the pins as the well-written instructions suggested and all went together smoothly. I'd like to see this barrel nut technology on other rail designs.

I've been curious about the ID. Fortis's site (lack I checked) states the ID of the rail as the 1.49". This is misleading for the armchair researcher who is more curious to know the opening at the end of the rail. The opening at the end tapers out to 2 1/8".

The length of the 14" rail is actually 14 7/16" by my tape measure.

Rainier said they made design changes from the original Night rail. I've no idea what they are apart from logo. The Rainier logo, which often lacks taste in so many of their rebranded products is understated here with just the blacked out mountain peak forward of the sling mount.

The machining is excellent and the edges smooth. The typical forward vertical trusses Fortis design is know have subtle edges which enhance the grip. This is my first fortis designed rail so I cannot compare this to their other rails.

Because of the length and taper of the rail, a 14.5" barrel would be perfect for tucking a muzzle device inside the tapered end. A linear comp or standard 1.5" suppressor will tuck beautifully.

My plan is to play with the 16" BAD barrel before getting a 14.5" barrel in the near future. That will hit the sweet spot on this upper for me.

Here's a pic. I'll be changing out the VERT stock for a traditional buffer tube and likely adding a DeadAir flash suppressor on muzzle.

This is gorgeous.

I had actually thought the rail looked a little over the top before this, but this really pulls it off well.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler