Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So that all talk about how everyone is building and shooting their rifles wrong... but all we get is wasted bandwidth with pictures.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DUX View Post
    All that matters is that you guys are happy. You don't want me to tell you what I know. You will be VERY upset. You will punch and hit and do mean-man stuff to me if I do. :)
    Actually, we like people who make claims and then back it up with real world experience and knowledge. Otherwise you're just wasting time posting drivel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviantLogic View Post
    PMSL! :)
    Sturgill Simpson - You can have the Crown https://youtu.be/tNV16tz1NK0

Downloads
    Uploads
    Let me guess, you have one $500 AR and it's bad ass.

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you a female? That would explain the "You're all doing it wrong" part.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviantLogic View Post
    Some say under his helmet, is another smaller helmet and under that is another helmet and under that is a poster of Miley Cyrus. All we know is, we call him The Stig...

Downloads
    Uploads
    The STIG RAWKS!!!!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    What an asshole.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awe man. You scared him off.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Actually, we like people who make claims and then back it up with real world experience and knowledge. Otherwise you're just wasting time posting drivel.
    OK, ok. You if you force me to. I am but a mere servant. :)

READ THIS FIRST: First of all, it depends upon what you want to do with the rifle, and we're talking about AR's here. For the sake of argument we're going to pretend like you want a 16 inch AR for Defensive, Target Shooting, and Hunting purposes. Second, we're going to assume you have not met "The Beast" or "The Elephant" yet. These are the ground rules because they apply to the greatest majority of shooters. We will also assume that you are not wealthy and are of average means.

1. Free Float Tubes do not do you any good, but they do make your rifle heavier, often unbalanced, and force you to wear gloves because they get really hot in just the plain old sunshine. They call them "Cheese Graders" for a reason and even the new ones have that issue depending upon how you grip or pickup your rifle. You are not a good enough shot and do not have enough premium ammo on tap to justify them. You shoot Tula and Wolf and Surplus Military rounds MOST of the time. (Nothing wrong with those rounds. Nobody and nothing is going to stand in front of them, ever!) Also, the improvement in accuracy is mostly a myth. It might make some difference in some scenarios for some kinds of shooting with some kinds of ammo, but by and large you're not gaining a thing by having one except potential problems that you will then have to remedy down the road. A lot of your sniper shots are in reality propaganda. The practice of having one guy take a shot with a heavy caliber rifle while a guy real close to the target takes a shot simultaneously is well known to anyone who's ever been in military combat arms. Most of us ain't Snipers and never will be. Save your money and burns on your hands.

2. Use a full auto weight carrier and an H2 buffer in your Carbine. It's the easiest way to time your rifle. Using lightened carriers just makes you have to make up the timing with heavier buffers and an H2 is enough mass as-is. Some guys go light carriers and light buffers. The rifle is badly mis-timed this way. It's way too fast and you will have stove-pipes and failures to extract.

3. Stop using special coatings on your carriers and start using more lube. People are running AR's too dry and trying to make up for it by special coatings. It's inefficient, overly expensive, doesn't work as well, and is very shiny, which is something you do not want on a weapon you might have to use in a defensive capacity.

4. Stop using heavy barrels unless you are just a paper puncher. Heavy is bad for a defensive weapon. VERY VERY BAD. You're not going to have the high dollar ammo on an average budget, and if you had to use that weapon in anger the FEAR you're going to feel is going to shut down your higher level thinking and your accuracy is going to go to sh*t anyway. No matter how much you train, there is no substitute for not being tired. Being lucky is also very important. :)

5. Do not put one thing on your rifle other than MAYBE a light and if you do mount it ON THE BOTTOM of the barrel. That is the optimal location for casting the shadow in the most beneficial direction when you're sweeping an area. (Additionally, never sweep and clear a building anyway. Burn it down or blow it up. If it's a home defense situation that I can see, but that's about it)

6. A 4 coil extractor spring, black stand-off, o-ring or delta-ring under the extractor, and reliable non-crush anti-tilt magazines are the only innovations on the AR platform that are truly worth their salt during the last 10 years of hyper-marketing AR parts. Make sure that is apart of all your AR's.

In Conclusion: You're making your rifles way too complicated and heavy and paying for things you do not need. I know it's a hobby to most and that's fine and dandy, but you wanted to know what I thought so I obliged. Thank you for reading. I shall now brace for impact. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll admit I'm a plinker by far. Rifles are set up to be used if need be but they're range toys.

If I need to shoot someone is about a 99.9999% chance they're going to get shot with my M&P9.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    @Pyzik: You're realistic in my book, for whatever that's worth!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Let me guess, you have one $500 AR and it's bad ass.
    Just two right now but I've had many. "Beware the man with just one rifle. He probably knows how to use it."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lmao... Now I'm going to lay waste to you..

Quote Originally Posted by DUX View Post
    OK, ok. You if you force me to. I am but a mere servant. :)

READ THIS FIRST: First of all, it depends upon what you want to do with the rifle, and we're talking about AR's here. For the sake of argument we're going to pretend like you want a 16 inch AR for Defensive, Target Shooting, and Hunting purposes. Second, we're going to assume you have not met "The Beast" or "The Elephant" yet. These are the ground rules because they apply to the greatest majority of shooters. We will also assume that you are not wealthy and are of average means.

1. Free Float Tubes do not do you any good, but they do make your rifle heavier, often unbalanced, and force you to wear gloves because they get really hot in just the plain old sunshine. They call them "Cheese Graders" for a reason and even the new ones have that issue depending upon how you grip or pickup your rifle. You are not a good enough shot and do not have enough premium ammo on tap to justify them. You shoot Tula and Wolf and Surplus Military rounds MOST of the time. (Nothing wrong with those rounds. Nobody and nothing is going to stand in front of them, ever!) Also, the improvement in accuracy is mostly a myth. It might make some difference in some scenarios for some kinds of shooting with some kinds of ammo, but by and large you're not gaining a thing by having one except potential problems that you will then have to remedy down the road. A lot of your sniper shots are in reality propaganda. The practice of having one guy take a shot with a heavy caliber rifle while a guy real close to the target takes a shot simultaneously is well known to anyone who's ever been in military combat arms. Most of us ain't Snipers and never will be. Save your money and burns on your hands.

Going "free float" improves your accuracy immensely. The very fact that you call it a myth, tells me you're talking out your ass, or regurgitating crap you read online. Ask anyone who has half a clue about barrel harmonics and long range shooting. Furthermore, the rifle's weight is made heavier mostly by the heavier contour barrel, not the rail. Rails we're talking <1lb, while barrel contours >1lb. You're however trying to lump the 2 together in order to justify it. I'd go into details on how having fewer contact points on the barrel, and more rigidity increase consistency and reduce POI shift, but I have this sneaking suspicion you've never owned something of quality, nor made shots beyond 100yds at your local range, because you're that guy who wants to be cheap and talk about everyone elses "Gucci" rifle that yours can do just as well, but you'll never enter any comp to prove it. Better yet, if you did actually compete, then you'd probably blame it on the equipment, rather than your own lack of knowledge or skill.

2. Use a full auto weight carrier and an H2 buffer in your Carbine. It's the easiest way to time your rifle. Using lightened carriers just makes you have to make up the timing with heavier buffers and an H2 is enough mass as-is. Some guys go light carriers and light buffers. The rifle is badly mis-timed this way. It's way too fast and you will have stove-pipes and failures to extract.

And again, you're way off. Every rifle is dependent on barrel length, the BCG weight, gas system length, and gas port size. There is no one-size fits all. And it's called over-gassing, but you can also have the same problems if you're under-gassed.

3. Stop using special coatings on your carriers and start using more lube. People are running AR's too dry and trying to make up for it by special coatings. It's inefficient, overly expensive, doesn't work as well, and is very shiny, which is something you do not want on a weapon you might have to use in a defensive capacity.

Shiny? Lmao... Because in a defense capacity the enemy is gonna see the glare of your BCG (which is on the side of the rifle not facing them) from a special coating, but oil has no glare? And how would you know they don't work unless you've actually fired one? Let me guess, you read it online? Most of the companies who do enhanced coatings still endorse lubing the BCG, so if someone isn't then they're an idiot, and you can't fix stupid by simply saying throw more lube on it. I'll bet you're that guy that dips his bolt in oil, and you get it all over the bolt face. And now you're asking why that would matter? Lol...

4. Stop using heavy barrels unless you are just a paper puncher. Heavy is bad for a defensive weapon. VERY VERY BAD. You're not going to have the high dollar ammo on an average budget, and if you had to use that weapon in anger the FEAR you're going to feel is going to shut down your higher level thinking and your accuracy is going to go to sh*t anyway. No matter how much you train, there is no substitute for not being tired. Being lucky is also very important. :)

High dollar ammo? Lol... You keep going there, so let me burst your bubble. I've made consistent, ie repeatable shots, out to 890-905yds with 62gr green tip and 77SMK. Guys who are going downrange want them lighter because they're throwing on APTIALs, optics, lights, NV, and numerous other shit that you'll never have because it's "gucci". If an extra 1-2lbs is hindering your defense capabilities, then you should try curling something heavier than a keyboard. You obviously don't understand the reasoning behind heavier barrels, and you keep referring to paper punchers, so again I'm thinking your pool of experience in information are from your local range and online.

5. Do not put one thing on your rifle other than MAYBE a light and if you do mount it ON THE BOTTOM of the barrel. That is the optimal location for casting the shadow in the most beneficial direction when you're sweeping an area. (Additionally, never sweep and clear a building anyway. Burn it down or blow it up. If it's a home defense situation that I can see, but that's about it)

Wow... Lol... Gee, I hope no one else was in there other than the bad guys. I'd love to be the insurance agent on that call. "Yeah, I knew they were in there, so I just blew that shit up." As for your shadow theory... lol...

6. A 4 coil extractor spring, black stand-off, o-ring or delta-ring under the extractor, and reliable non-crush anti-tilt magazines are the only innovations on the AR platform that are truly worth their salt during the last 10 years of hyper-marketing AR parts. Make sure that is apart of all your AR's.

^^^ That is what people type when they attempt to impress and convey some l technical expertise when they have none. Nobody refers to "4 coil extractor springs" or "non-crush anti-tilt", especially experts. It's called over-clarification. And if you think that's the only thing innovative, then maybe you should try spending more time actually reading, and less time calling everything "gucci" and brushing it off.

In Conclusion: You're making your rifles way too complicated and heavy and paying for things you do not need. I know it's a hobby to most and that's fine and dandy, but you wanted to know what I thought so I obliged. Thank you for reading. I shall now brace for impact. :)
    Lastly, you were asked to clarify your experience, since guys like UW who actually use firearms daily in their job can already see you're talking out your ass. Yet, in that long winded ridiculous dialogue where you attempt to tell everyone what they're doing wrong, you NEVER ONCE provided ANY evidence or credentials to validate those statements. Feel free to try again, but put on your big boy pants this time.

Add: Edited for my piss poor grammar, since my right eye was looking at my left eye while reading what you said, saying "WTF".
    Last edited by Ordnance; 7 April 2016 at 17:47.