Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DUX View Post
    Uwone77, I'm going to address you right now and ignore the dogpile. I'll come back later and give you a more detailed description. I did want to go back answer the edit to one of your posts that I missed. "Where did I learn this" in essence. It started with my father, who was a Vietnam LRRP. That began about 11 years old. Then a roving band of friends many of whom were and a couple who still are involved in Special Operations. They share my viewpoints because I learned those viewpoints from them and then put them into practice on the range. I'm not a "Black Op." I just learned from a couple of them. :)
    Wow... real SF? Like a Delta Group Ranger Seal Scout? Maybe I just slept at a Holiday Inn, but out of my limited experience around such high speed guys, I've never seen ANY of them run their systems, nor talk about running their systems, the way you do. And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the M4 SOCOM run a free float Daniel Defense rail? Wait, I must be confused...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dux- You sound more like a guy that's spent more time hanging around arfcom more than "working your gear" or hanging with spec ops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fella's, I'm sorry you're so enraged at my confidence in what I know. I understand that I have a different opinion from many of you. You're just going to have to deal with it. I know what I know because I was taught it by people I trust. Berating me for not doing things your way or feeling confident in that says more about your current state than it does mine. I told the Admin 3 times that I didn't think this was a good idea for me to voice my viewpoints. He really wanted me to, and I did. Don't be uncivil please. It demonstrates a weakness in your confidence.
    Sturgill Simpson - You can have the Crown https://youtu.be/tNV16tz1NK0

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fella's, I'm sorry you're so enraged at my confidence in what I know. I understand that I have a different opinion from many of you. You're just going to have to deal with it. I know what I know because I was taught it by people I trust. Berating me for not doing things your way or feeling confident in that says more about your current state than it does mine. I told the Admin 3 times that I didn't think this was a good idea for me to voice my viewpoints. He really wanted me to, and I did. Don't be uncivil please. It demonstrates a weakness in your confidence.
    No one is enraged. You just don't know what you don't know, it's actually kind of sad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This reminds me when I start discussing (really, it's just me listening) tactics with guys with current experience at my day job. No, this has nothing to do with employing rifles...

I've got multiple operational deployments and training time back home utilizing specific tactics with a specific set of weapon systems. I had a fair amount of experience and I'd argue I was pretty good at what I trained for and/or performed operationally. Now, when I talk and hear things from the younger guys about their current tactics, portions of what I know and have experiences with are clearly irrelevant. That doesn't mean it didn't have value in the past. It's not because I can't still do cool things, it's because the systems have changed, are more modern, and I just don't have the operational experience with them.

I can still excel at the fundamentals, but the newer generation just has more experiences with the latest and greatest, and the latest and greatest is significantly better than what I grew up with.

Getting back to rifles, to say that VN era weapons are all that's needed is just disingenuous to how current weapons are employed. That doesn't mean the past experiences of your warrior friends isn't valuable and appreciated, but it can't be counted as the end-all thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    No one is enraged. You just don't know what you don't know, it's actually kind of sad.
    That could be. It could also be the other way around. They're opinions on how to go about things.

Downloads
    Uploads
    @gatordev: How would you rate say the NVA vs. Quds vs. Militiamen?

Downloads
    Uploads
    They're opinions on how to go about things.
    For a small and very specific mission set. But many here have a broader use for their guns.

@gatordev: How would you rate say the NVA vs. Quds vs. Militiamen?
    I don't even know what you're asking.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm staying out of it, all I know is my electricity bill is going to be pretty low this month. No need to turn on the TV as long as this thread is going on...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh S. View Post
    I'm staying out of it, all I know is my electricity bill is going to be pretty low this month. No need to turn on the TV as long as this thread is going on...
    LOL! I say again, I warned the Admin, 3 times, that it shouldn't be discussed. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL! I say again, I warned the Admin, 3 times, that it shouldn't be discussed. :)
    You act Like you've schooled us and taught us all something. You had some valid points as UW said but for the most part you're just blowing smoke...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    You act Like you've schooled us and taught us all something. You had some valid points as UW said but for the most part you're just blowing smoke...
    No, I don't feel that way at all. These are my opinions. I was asked to give them. Take my statements at face value. The truth is, you guys do it your way. I do it mine. You have a lot of people here that feel like my way is wrong. I have a lot of people who feel your way is wrong. What's wrong with that?

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, I don't feel that way at all. These are my opinions. I was asked to give them. Take my statements at face value. The truth is, you guys do it your way. I do it mine. You have a lot of people here that feel like my way is wrong. I have a lot of people who feel your way is wrong. What's wrong with that?
    That you pretty much came to us and said our way was wrong. You came to us not the other way around....

I have no hard feelings or am I upset as you may think but you don't play ball with Micheal Jordan and tell him how to play or that your way is better..

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can't support any of your opinions with actual experience or technical knowledge, yet you stay stupid shit like "confidence in what I know". You should say "With what my buddies told me". When you show up and tell a group of guys with REAL extensive experience on equipment that we're doing it wrong, then you better expect to have to validate your opinion. Welcome to the real world, where you don't get to regurgitate shit you hear and expect everyone to just agree with you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    That you pretty much came to us and said our way was wrong. You came to us not the other way around....

I have no hard feelings or am I upset as you may think but you don't play ball with Micheal Jordan and tell him how to play or that your way is better..
    Understood. Maybe it would be helpful for you to know that I don't view you guys as "Micheal Jordan." I'm not trying to hurt your feelings. I'm trying to explain that I don't view this website as a primary source of information. I have no hard feeling either. Again, I was asked my opinion. I gave it. I do think some of you guys do it wrong. It seems that makes some people upset. I don't care if my opinion makes them upset. That's their emotional state to deal with.