Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help with rail/muzzle decision for 14.5"

Friend got me started on something..lol..so looking around for a different rail for a 14.5" barrel..along with ideas for what muzzle device to pin..no suppressor, don't want brain rattling comp either..the griffin m4sd, and Slr something , always been curious how they worked.. but more idea the better

I know there's lots so what's out there , looking for a 13" 'ish rail and kinda on the lighter side but all options I'll look at.

Few I have been looking at
    bcm 13" alpha
    Slr 13" -many versions but the ultra lite one is about the same as the bcm.

So..

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you hit it with the BCM and the SLR. I've been trying to find a reason to build another upper using SLR's new Helix, and was super surprised when the 15" was only .2 oz heavier than the KMR, which is to date my favorite rail.

As for muzzle devices of the non-braking kind, I've always been fond of Micor. I've also pretty much been the sole occupant of that camp though as no one knows who they are, and ordering through them was a serious PITA.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    How about a BCM Comp. Not a true brake, so doesn't hurt your teeth or the guys next to you shooting as much.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I recently installed and SLR ION and am impressed with the build quality so far. I messed with a BCM rail when they first came out and it was impressive as well. One thing I noticed was at the time, the finish on the OG BCM magnesium-blend rail seemed like it was more "fragile" compared to the coatings on other rails. I don't know if this is still the case or if it's even applicable to the Alpha series, but that's my impression at the time.

Both BCM and SLR feel rock solid when installed.

I think the only main differences between the rails is the appearance. SLR offers a lot more styles and lengths. If you haven't been to their website, I would suggest checking it out.

For muzzle devices, I'm pretty sure most hybrids like the ones you listed perform similarly. They do a good job at keeping the muzzle down, compared to the standard A-2. I'm partial to 3-prong flash hiders myself. Really want to try the new Surefire mashup to see what it looks like in low-light.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by schambers View Post
    For muzzle devices, I'm pretty sure most hybrids like the ones you listed perform similarly. They do a good job at keeping the muzzle down, compared to the standard A-2. I'm partial to 3-prong flash hiders myself. Really want to try the new Surefire mashup to see what it looks like in low-light.
    Are you talking about the Surefire WarComp? I finally got one installed, so I'm curious as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Are you talking about the Surefire WarComp? I finally got one installed, so I'm curious as well.
    Hey, yeah I'd be interested in a review of that.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Yup! that's the one I'm talking about. Does it make the tuning for noise when your fire/ dry fire?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks fellas, so never handling one how are the finish/fit on the Slr rails?

Played with a kmr at RA a while back and it felt good

And as far as a bcm comp, I wouldn't oppose it I guess, thought about just a a2x..but open to all ideas at the moment..

Downloads
    Uploads
    SLR fit and finish is excellent. The details count.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mega/hodge rail with a Surefire closed tine warcomp would be the sexy option, imo

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love my Synergy comp! It breaks up the rattle quite nicely. I've not shot it at night, or dark enough to notice any flame ball when I had one on my 14.5". Definitely less concussion than a birdcage. Plus it's dead sexy.

There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    SLR fit and finish is excellent. The details count.
    +1

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not to be all jumpy on the SMOS stuff, but the 13.75 rail with a 14.5 barrel is a perfect fit. I had that upper and loved it. Mine had a Surefire Procomp, so it was very blasty. I ended up selling the upper, but if I kept it, I was going to throw a Griffin M4SD on it to try to cut down the fireball and some concussion.
    Graphic Designer
    Instagram: @EO3actual

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    Mega/hodge rail with a Surefire closed tine warcomp would be the sexy option, imo
    Great idea. Now I'm thinking about having a barrel cut down especially for this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Parallax.