Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure if you ever chose a barrel, but I've been very happy with my 8.3" Ballistic Advantage Hanson profile barrel. I haven't read anything bad about them from others either.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Never shot a noveske or such for groups but at $400 plus , myself usually can't/don't look at them. Never played with rainiers UM barrel.but my BHW shoots pretty good so far for BO

Curious what's this BO gonna be used for ? home defense, hunter or ? Also reloading or buying factory Ammo?

Might help your decision if you know how your gonna use it

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    DD!

https://danieldefense.com/cold-hamme...file-1194.html

These are 100yd. groups:

Edited to add - rifle is my go-to hunting rig & currently wears a VCOG; it's silly accurate, yo. The above pic really doesn't do it justice.
    These groups were only supported by a range bag. When I sighted in the VCOG using a bipod, groups tightened up measurably.
    (I think ammo above used was either Remington Match 125 gr. or Barnes VOR-TX 120gr.)
    Last edited by dbwebbsr; 13 May 2016 at 07:04.
    Damon

"Our obligations to our country never cease but with our lives." -- John Adams

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have Daniel Defense, Noveske, BA, and Faxon BO barrels and honestly they all shoot pretty much the same. The only 16" barrel is a DD and it does exceed the other shorter barrels past 50-60yds. The lightweight Faxon tends to be more heat sensitive than any other ones but it's also the only lightweight I have. Ammo selection is more important for accuracy then a particular barrel IMO with the Blackouts. I picked up a 12.5" BCM barrel a few weeks ago that appears to be typical BCM quality but have yet to even assemble the upper.

I also disagree with the Noveske comments. I have had one issue out of many barrels and that was before John passed. I have seen 0 drop off in quality and until I do, I will continue to use their barrels.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I have Daniel Defense, Noveske, BA, and Faxon BO barrels and honestly they all shoot pretty much the same. The only 16" barrel is a DD and it does exceed the other shorter barrels past 50-60yds. The lightweight Faxon tends to be more heat sensitive than any other ones but it's also the only lightweight I have. Ammo selection is more important for accuracy then a particular barrel IMO with the Blackouts. I picked up a 12.5" BCM barrel a few weeks ago that appears to be typical BCM quality but have yet to even assemble the upper.

I also disagree with the Noveske comments. I have had one issue out of many barrels and that was before John passed. I have seen 0 drop off in quality and until I do, I will continue to use their barrels.
    I think it had to do with a small batch of barrels that weren't concentric to the bore, so a small number of people got baffle strikes. I think it blew up on the net a lot bigger than the issue actually was.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My issue was very minor. The gas port was off about 10* to the extension pin. It just so happened to contact the particular rail I was using or honestly I would have ran it.

And yes I read a good bit about the bore concentricity issue but like most stories no one making the claims had it happen to them or produce solid proof of the issue. In actuality it was likely a K baffle stack'ed can that caused the issue that has been seen on multiple platforms.