Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    My take on the A5 is this. If you lack the ability or time to properly set up a carbine rifle they seem to hit closer to perfect than most carbine buffer set ups.

If you know how to properly set up a rifle the lack of rifle length spring rate choices and the rip off pricing of the buffers really works against you.

I have them on a few rifles. Ever since I started buying tungsten rod and making my own weighted buffers they are nothing but an overpriced band aid to me.
    The rifle spring has more coils. That kindof puts it in the realm of "physics, bro..." when you introduce variables to the system, such as suppressed and unsuppressed usage, or the desire to run several different uppers on ONE lower without fiddling with things, or you run ammo with varying characteristics. For example. .223 75gr Gold Dot is VIOLENT, and PMC Bronze .223 is calm. The A5 system panders to the extremes better than the carbine system does. Now, if you are setting up one gun, for one round, with or without a suppressor, to be left on or off, then yes, either works great if you dial it in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    Yes, I have, and it has worked fine. I love JPs polished springs.
    I also like Sprinco springs as well.
    Is the Sprinco Green, or the JP Polished Rifle spring "stronger"? Do they feel any different shooting? Can you quick compare/contrast 'em?