Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Suppressing a 300BLK

Hi, I'm new to the forum, and somewhat new to the AR world. I bought my first last January and now I have 4. My latest is a 16" 300BLK with pistol gas. It's pretty plane Jane, but very fun to shoot. I went with 16" to avoid NFA...

Anyway, I just got my form1 suppressor approved and am in the process of finishing up building my can. My concern is over-gassing my rifle with the can on since I only have a standard gas block. I know it's recommended to use an adjustable block when suppressed, but will it hurt anything to not use one?

Currently, I'm shooting supers through it. 125gr Nosler BT's with 17.2gr Lil' Gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, you're screwed
    LOL... meaning, you'll never stop at just one can! And no, it will not hurt to run suppressed without the adj gas block - on a 300blk, it's designed to run without one. They are more of a user convenience. There are other ways to make it work, if it even needs anything - it may not be an issue at all. Quickest and easiest would be the next weight up buffer. You could try a heavier spring. And, it sounds like you're reloading? Tailor your reloads to your gun - that's one thing I did. once I got my suppressor, I reduced my load slightly so that I had the brass going in a nice 4 o'clock ejection and still maintained BHO on the last round. Just make sure the loads are stable and good before putting them thru the suppressor - it would suck to have a baffle strike on your new can! That's more true with subsonic loads, which I assume you are going to get into? If nto, you should! a suppressed 300BLK with subsonic loads is stupid quiet, and stupid fun!

Oh, and welcome to the club!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    Oh, you're screwed
    LOL... meaning, you'll never stop at just one can! And no, it will not hurt to run suppressed without the adj gas block - on a 300blk, it's designed to run without one. They are more of a user convenience. There are other ways to make it work, if it even needs anything - it may not be an issue at all. Quickest and easiest would be the next weight up buffer. You could try a heavier spring. And, it sounds like you're reloading? Tailor your reloads to your gun - that's one thing I did. once I got my suppressor, I reduced my load slightly so that I had the brass going in a nice 4 o'clock ejection and still maintained BHO on the last round. Just make sure the loads are stable and good before putting them thru the suppressor - it would suck to have a baffle strike on your new can! That's more true with subsonic loads, which I assume you are going to get into? If nto, you should! a suppressed 300BLK with subsonic loads is stupid quiet, and stupid fun!

Oh, and welcome to the club!
    Good to hear! Ya I'm totally screwed... I've got 3 more cans in draft phase. I'm trying to at least submit for a stamp before July.

I do reload, although I've only just started. I'm still learning the ropes but I've had pretty good success this far. Originally, I didn't plan to do subs, in fact I didn't plan on a can either. My original intent for this rifle was to have a 30cal AR for short range deer hunting that wasn't full of proprietary parts and used my existing receivers and bolt. It just seems like my firearms plan keeps morphing into something I never intended (in a good way). Here's my bench:

Back to the gun though. I'm glad to hear that I shouldn't need an adjustable block. As of now, it is completely reliable and so fun to shoot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome aboard - nice bench setup !
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Welcome aboard - nice bench setup !
    Thanks! I kinda went all-out on buying equipment for a year or so before I even got to set it up. I'm sure glad I did. It's a lot of fun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's the rifle:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by The FNG View Post

I went with 16" to avoid NFA...

I just got my form1 suppressor approved and am in the process of finishing up building my can.

I've got 3 more cans in draft phase.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordnance View Post
    Ya... Originally I had said "I will never...NFA", now I'm on the "everything NFA" warpath. I just can't make up my mind :/

Downloads
    Uploads

Just got done painting the gun. What do you think? Just waiting on my new rail from Jim.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by The FNG View Post
    Ya... Originally I had said "I will never...NFA", now I'm on the "everything NFA" warpath. I just can't make up my mind :/
    NFA stuff tends to get to be a collection in itself.

Just ask 90% of the members here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    NFA stuff tends to get to be a collection in itself.

Just ask 90% of the members here.
    I resemble that remark !!
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads

And here it is done!

As for NFA stuff, I've got suppressor mounts on all my rifles now and 4 suppressor a on the way. From 0-100 in no time!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your OCD impresses me. I wish I could afford a NFA shopping spree of my own.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks fun I built a 16" BO, but question myself why as its a heavy mofo and would be so much funner with shorter barrel+ can

I don't own any NFA stuff so I'm grumpy about it lol and WA still can't file form 1's which if I could of , would of done it different..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Looks fun I built a 16" BO, but question myself why as its a heavy mofo and would be so much funner with shorter barrel+ can

I don't own any NFA stuff so I'm grumpy about it lol and WA still can't file form 1's which if I could of , would of done it different..
    You know you'll be able to file Form 1s next month, right?