Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

30mm Cantelevered Scope mount

So some idiot posted a deal on a scope, and I fell for it. Lock, stock and a smoking barrel. Now I need a non QD, non condiment, mount. I know someone had good luck with an Aero, but can't find the post. Any other good mounts that don't start with a G I should look at? Thanks folks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seekins has some new cantilever mounts coming out that look good. Cost is about halfway between a PEPR and a UniMount.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Granite Ridge Outfitters has the Aero mounts on sale: http://www.graniteridgeoutfitters.co...APRA210600.htm

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure what your budget is, but I've heard nothing but good things about AADMOUNT. I've wanted to try one for a while now but haven't had a reason to, nor the money.

http://shop.aadmount.com/AADMOUNT-30...OUNT30GIII.htm

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviantLogic View Post
    Seekins has some new cantilever mounts coming out that look good. Cost is about halfway between a PEPR and a UniMount.
    Humm first I've heard..any pics? Or a link

OP I run a aero mount and after mounting have found it works good for the price.A few T&E reviews of them in that section

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Humm first I've heard..any pics? Or a link

Their facebook page has quite a few shots of 'em. Can also check out this short youtube clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaNYDTfvBHo. SWFA appears to have them in stock for $189.

Also...these look eerily similar to the new Vortex extended cantilever mounts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks.. Nice looking mount
    I was guessing lower on the price, especially it being a non QD mount..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure on the price but Badger, NF, Leupold, all major optics manufacturers make mounts.

I may also have an extra mount lying around if you are interested.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviantLogic View Post

Their facebook page has quite a few shots of 'em. Can also check out this short youtube clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaNYDTfvBHo. SWFA appears to have them in stock for $189.

Also...these look eerily similar to the new Vortex extended cantilever mounts.
    That looks great, but the price point is too close to the Bobro for me to really consider it. If those sold for between $100-$120 then it could be compelling. For non-QD mounts, the prce, weight, and lug design of the Aero Precision mounts are pretty hard to beat, plus they are made in the USA. Aero get's an extra gold star for me, too, since they are local (to me).

I do agree, though, that I'd probably look to step up for a precision rig and I'd only ever use the Aero mounts on an AR, obviously.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aero precision mounts are flawed, in my opinion. When you tighten the rings, it causes the scope to rotate. Part of this is caused by the pivot point being at the top, but it's also a sign that the pressure exerted by the rings on the scope tube is uneven.

The reason the Aero mounts are so cheap is that they're made from an extrusion, and require much less machining than the top end one-piece mounts like Badger, Geissele, Seekins, Nightforce, etc, which are machined from solid billet from start to end.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with Slippers 100% on the Aero mounts. Trying to guess the rotation is almost impossible when mounting the optic. If they were tapped and threaded top and bottom they would be much better.

I also had issues with fairly heavy 1-4 on one and it walked repeatedly on a Sig 556. Being a 10" barrel'ed piston gun it does have a sharp recoil and it likely contributed to the problem. Never had issues on a .300 BO but that was with 99% subs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Aero precision mounts are flawed, in my opinion. When you tighten the rings, it causes the scope to rotate. Part of this is caused by the pivot point being at the top, but it's also a sign that the pressure exerted by the rings on the scope tube is uneven.

The reason the Aero mounts are so cheap is that they're made from an extrusion, and require much less machining than the top end one-piece mounts like Badger, Geissele, Seekins, Nightforce, etc, which are machined from solid billet from start to end.
    Any suggestion on a mount/rings that is similar in weight to the Aero but better in terms of construction?

My attraction to the Aero is not the price but the weight, as I find most of the other mounts to be over-built for a 5.56 AR.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nightforce. The new Geissele mounts are fairly light, too.

Edit: The NF unimounts are 4-5 oz depending on height. It looks like the Geissele super precision are around 7 oz, similar to the Badger recon unimount, which are both quite overbuilt. I personally use the Badger mounts, but get them for free, so I can look past the weight. Plus I run heavy optics, so the mount is the least of my worries.
    Last edited by Slippers; 27 April 2016 at 09:16.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did a lot of looking since I need something that will mount a large ocular over BUIS in 30mm. I am on the "Notify List" for a Geissele SR-25 / AR-10 in 30mm with the 1.13" cantilever. It has a 1.54" height; not a lot over the 1.5" standard, but enough to clear the SIG factory rear sight. No one seems to have them in stock, and street pricing looks like MSRP so I will wait out Geissele. I've got some time. It will be on a 12.5" 308 SBR holding a USO 1-8x. Scope is in hand, SBR has been Form-4 'ed and should clear in September. I will wait. If anyone sees one (black 0 MOA 7075-T6) let me know.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Any suggestion on a mount/rings that is similar in weight to the Aero but better in terms of construction?

My attraction to the Aero is not the price but the weight, as I find most of the other mounts to be over-built for a 5.56 AR.
    In addition to the Nightforce mounts, Warne and JP make a good quality mount IMO. Vortex has some nice options also.