Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Triggers

Downloads
    Uploads

Triggers

So I've been going back and forth with my ARs as of late I currently have two Noveske N4 light models one is the SWS handguard the other is a VTAC. I'm going to set one up for cqb and the other as more of a dmr or midrange with an acog and was wondering what would you suggest for a trigger, it currently has a RRA 2-stage and it's fairly good. Has anyone shot the RRA and other brands such as Geissele, JP, Timney, etc. are they worth the 150.00-180.00$ over the RRA?

My only other comment is that I really wish Noveske would put out a chrome lined 18" or 20" barrel because their 16" is shooting beyond my abilities so I can't see the reason to go stainless on a spr build.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The RRA is not known for longevity/ durability, and that is the single most important function a trigger (or any other weapon component) can give IMO.

The Geiselle trigger is currently considered the beast to beat. With the SSA running under $200, the hardest thing is to find a place that can keep them in stock. The more expensive adjustable one is nice, but I admit to preferring the cheaper SSA for my own builds (I own both).

I've never heard of one of these wearing out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The WOA Tuned RRA trigger is a much better version of the stock RRA 2-stage. I believe Bill Springfield can fix some of the issues with the RRA 2-Stage or you can contact WOA Directly and they should be able to fix the issues. I have an honest 10K+ through my WOA Tuned RRA and it has never gave me problems. I'm actually waiting for it to crap out on me so I can get the Geiselle SSA.

If you have the cash ($170), the Geiselle SSA is the best non-adjustable 2-stage trigger.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The SSA is the way to go if cost isn't an issue and you can find one (can't have mine!). Actually, while they do cost a bit more, it's not really that much more and it's cheaper to buy once and be done with it. It seems that the standard RRA triggers are a decent choice, but some folks experience issues as the round count gets up there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Geissele triggers are awesome. I have a RRA, CMMG, and Geissele DMR 2 stage triggers. Geissele wins without a doubt, night and day difference. There wasn't much difference between the CMMG and the RRA.. though I thought the CMMG was slightly better. Note that I don't have a tuned RRA 2 stage.

Any case it's worth to get the Geissele. They are a quality trigger.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    .... some folks experience issues as the round count gets up there.

I think my round count was around 10 or 12 when my RRA decided to die... I was less than impressed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I think my round count was around 10 or 12 when my RRA decided to die... I was less than impressed.
    10 to 12 shots or 10 to 12 thousand shots?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    10 to 12 shots or 10 to 12 thousand shots?

No, not thousands. If it were in the thousands I would not have any hard feelings.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow.. that sucks.. What failed? Spring?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow.. that sucks.. What failed? Spring?
    No, the trigger and hammer failed. The angle of one or the other (or both) gave way, and I was left with a very long and ugly single stage trigger. If it was a spring, I would not have cared.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Geiselle triggers are great. I have them in all my AR's except for the .22 LR build I am doing right now. Very good triggers the best I have tried even better than KAC.
    Pat
    Colt M16/AR15/ 1911 & Glock Armorer.
    Certified Firearms Instructor & Urban Rifle Instructor.
    Completed SWAT Entry Team and SWAT Sniper courses.
    NRA Endowment Member
    IDPA Expert level shooter in CDP, ESP and SSP. USPSA B class

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    No, the trigger and hammer failed. The angle of one or the other (or both) gave way, and I was left with a very long and ugly single stage trigger. If it was a spring, I would not have cared.
    Wow..
    I haven't fired my RRA enough to see if there's any issues.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow..
    I haven't fired my RRA enough to see if there's any issues.
    It was probably the pin that came loose. That's the weakness of the Standard RRA 2-stage triggers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would like to get a couple os the G SSA's to to try but I have had good results with the Timney's and I was impressed when the owner gave me the full tour. http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...read.php?t=348

On my Timneys I had them give me a higher pull weight at about 5lbs and I use the AR10 spring as opposed to the standard AR15 spring to avoid light primer strikes on 5.56 ammo. The standard 3 and 4lb triggers are way to light for a carry weapon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by paulosantos View Post
    The WOA Tuned RRA trigger is a much better version of the stock RRA 2-stage. I believe Bill Springfield can fix some of the issues with the RRA 2-Stage or you can contact WOA Directly and they should be able to fix the issues. I have an honest 10K+ through my WOA Tuned RRA and it has never gave me problems. I'm actually waiting for it to crap out on me so I can get the Geiselle SSA.

If you have the cash ($170), the Geiselle SSA is the best non-adjustable 2-stage trigger.
    The WOA tuned trigger will feel much nicer than the RRA factory 2-stage but when someone is grinding down the hardened areas, you are talking about even faster wear & tear.

PS. I've had many RRA factory triggers come back broken. It's a nice trigger for most folks but it wouldn't be my first choice. All the failures were the same where the 2-stage became a single stage trigger. They all still worked (meaning you pull the trigger, and the hammer falls but the 2nd stage was lost.)