Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am in agreement with the avoid RCA mentality. Had bad luck with their carriers and horrible customer service.

However I disagree with the Saker mount comments. I have had no issues with either caliber Saker mounts other than lack of maintence with buildup on the brake. Honestly the ASR mounts on my Spec War and Omega have been more problematic for me than the Sakers. Twice the mount has been very difficult to remove from the brake and the locking ring on my Spec War would continually work itself loose. SilencerCo sent a replacement next day but it still failed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I am in agreement with the avoid RCA mentality. Had bad luck with their carriers and horrible customer service.

However I disagree with the Saker mount comments. I have had no issues with either caliber Saker mounts other than lack of maintence with buildup on the brake. Honestly the ASR mounts on my Spec War and Omega have been more problematic for me than the Sakers. Twice the mount has been very difficult to remove from the brake and the locking ring on my Spec War would continually work itself loose. SilencerCo sent a replacement next day but it still failed.
    Your ASR sounds like my last three Trifecta MAAD mounts. :)

I had so many issues I was ready to buy a Surefire can and move on. The ASR saved it. My Trifecta MAAD would be impossible to remove sometimes even if I didn't shoot the rifle on my 5.56 muzzle devices. On my .308 bolt gun, it would always loosen up after one shot. No matter how hard I cranked it on. Silencerco sent me three different Trifecta MAAD mounts, replaced several of my Trifecta muzzle devices, and finally swapped it all out for ASR parts.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Order the noveske barrel with a matched bolt. G&r carries colt carriers without the bolt. Done!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Colt likely makes the finest carrier I've owned of the phosphate variety.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    Colt likely makes the finest carrier I've owned of the phosphate variety.
    But alas, it does not have the improved cam pin track and additional exhaust ports found on the LMT enhanced carrier.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What's the cost of the lmt carriers?

Downloads
    Uploads
    QPQ, NiBX, all that shit is easier to clean than phosphate. Hell crud wipes off. Some people run dry, some run wet, but if you like it somewhat reasonably lubricated, WGAF? GOD didn't write the rules on lubing or what to use, right? There's enough SME theory to support both methods, right? To me, anything works great if it fits in the ultrasound cleaner I don't have, so quick and easy is the way. If that costs me money down the road because I won't get 280k cycles, who cares? Its a CONSUMABLE.

Sounds like a baked beans commercial. NO RULES ON AISLE 3!!!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    Because OP was considering a RCA BCG. My experience is that RCA is run by an asshole, and the parts are not the most precisely machined. It's not a Noveske part. It's a part with the Maltese cross lasered onto it and sold by Noveske.
    Point taken. I've never dealt with them, but I've heard plenty of people say those guys are knobs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Phosphate vs. QPQ is like a dry vs. soft serve dump.

With QPQ, you wipe once and it shines. Clean as a whistle.

With Phosphate, you wipe and wipe and black powder keeps coming off.

Yes, the meds are exceptional today! Satan made Mondays, God made quitting time!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wsaraceni View Post
    What's the cost of the lmt carriers?
    Retail is about $140 I believe. They aren't cheap.

http://www.lmtstore.com/parts/bolts-...t-carrier.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    How does it increase dwell time? How does weight and the additional ports influence it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wsaraceni View Post
    Order the noveske barrel with a matched bolt. G&r carries colt carriers without the bolt. Done!
    I would say that this is a good option. I sourced carriers from IraqGunz on M4C and bought bolts from Noveske on my other builds. I bought the small parts from BCM. They have been flawless so far...

There's so many different paths you could take on the BCG, it's overwhelming. I really don't buy into the fancy coatings, but whatever floats your boat ... As long as it's reliable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    How does it increase dwell time? How does weight and the additional ports influence it?
    The cam track is different so the bolt unlocks further back in the cycle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    The cam track is different so the bolt unlocks further back in the cycle.
    Gotcha, thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for all of the replies. I do like the QPQ coatings as I do find them easier to clean and run smoother than the phosphate counterparts. Like I said, I have used some of the AIM surplus BCG's with the melonite coating and have really liked them. If you read the spec sheets between them and the RCA Noveske marked BCG, they seem to spec out with each other, with the AIM BCG at half the cost. I would like to build with 100% noveske parts, however, with the track record of RCA as mentioned by everybody else here, it doesn't sound like the prudent way to move forward.