Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    But alas, it does not have the improved cam pin track and additional exhaust ports found on the LMT enhanced carrier.
    I'm still divided on that. It is different, yes. but is it better? Why/why not? It depends on the gas-system length, for one. I am leery of changing things considering that people have had issues with that change, with some configurations, as I understand it. Besides, what is it supposedly fixing? broken bolts, is what I am guessing.

I have yet to hear of ANYONE breaking one of Guy's bolts in his QPQ BCG. When I say "Guy's". I mean anyone who brands the same BCG as he's using. I know guys with well over 30K on them, run hard, and they are doing great. I know of guns with nearly 15K rounds of M855A1 on them. Running fine. I have posted all over the 'net "They are unbreakable!" because I know it's inflammatory, and the internet lives to piss in cheerios. So far, my cheerios remain edible.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Point taken. I've never dealt with them, but I've heard plenty of people say those guys are knobs.
    Sadly, it's not "those guys". It's JUST ONE OF THEM. Chris Cerino, or however you spell his name. Shade, the other guy, last I dealt with him, was a polite fountain of knowledge on the QPQ process, and a great human being. I am very sad that Chris has taken over customer support. He should stay back in the stock room or on the range or something, and let Shade answer the phone. It really has hurt RCA,. IMO

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does any factory built noveske even come with the RCA bolt? I haven't seen any. Maybe the NST rifles?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    I'm still divided on that. It is different, yes. but is it better? Why/why not? It depends on the gas-system length, for one. I am leery of changing things considering that people have had issues with that change, with some configurations, as I understand it. Besides, what is it supposedly fixing? broken bolts, is what I am guessing.

I have yet to hear of ANYONE breaking one of Guy's bolts in his QPQ BCG. When I say "Guy's". I mean anyone who brands the same BCG as he's using. I know guys with well over 30K on them, run hard, and they are doing great. I know of guns with nearly 15K rounds of M855A1 on them. Running fine. I have posted all over the 'net "They are unbreakable!" because I know it's inflammatory, and the internet lives to piss in cheerios. So far, my cheerios remain edible.
    The LMT e-carrier makes a big difference with suppressed use. Less gas blow back from the barrel, which in turn keeps the bolt group cleaner and also results in less gas to your face.

I don't know/care if it lengthens bolt life.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wsaraceni View Post
    Does any factory built noveske even come with the RCA bolt? I haven't seen any. Maybe the NST rifles?
    I believe their special 3-gun or team rifles do, yes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dealers can have Noveske build with the RCA BCG. I actually had them build me a batch of Gen III 14.5" Skinny's with their RCA BCG.
    ROG Tactical

http://www.rogtac.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ROG View Post
    Dealers can have Noveske build with the RCA BCG. I actually had them build me a batch of Gen III 14.5" Skinny's with their RCA BCG.
    But...do you want that? I had an RCA BCG, and the bolt was a poor fit in every other rifle I tried it in. If you chambered a round and tried to clear it, you almost had to mortar it. The bolt was in spec, per the company I sent it to for testing, but they said it was also all over the place. One spec may be minimum, the other maximum. I personally feel that unless it's an all-out precision rifle, headspacing to a specific bolt makes no sense. Put my headspace mid-spec, please, and I'll run whatever I want within reason, IMO

Downloads
    Uploads
    The LMT e-carrier makes a big difference with suppressed use. Less gas blow back from the barrel, which in turn keeps the bolt group cleaner and also results in less gas to your face.

I don't know/care if it lengthens bolt life.
    I did some reading up on it. Seems LMT intended it for 14.5 and 16" carbine gas systems. With a properly gassed weapon, it may limit function un-suppressed. It would be interesting to T&E on my DDM4 though, as overgassed as that beast is.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pretty sure that they used stock on hand many times in the past. My Recce rifle and a Rogue Hunter upper both came with Noveske marked RCA BCG's. A Recce a friend owns has a phosphate BCG. Both rifles were purchased from the same dealer a few months apart.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    I did some reading up on it. Seems LMT intended it for 14.5 and 16" carbine gas systems. With a properly gassed weapon, it may limit function un-suppressed. It would be interesting to T&E on my DDM4 though, as overgassed as that beast is.
    It works great on SBRs. Iraqgunz uses them on all his rifles, too. As far as we know, BCM correctly gases their barrels, and my 11.5 runs like a top both suppressed and unsuppressed, with the full array of 5.56 pressure ammo down to weak .223 Wolf/Tula steel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It works great on SBRs. Iraqgunz uses them on all his rifles, too. As far as we know, BCM correctly gases their barrels, and my 11.5 runs like a top both suppressed and unsuppressed, with the full array of 5.56 pressure ammo down to weak .223 Wolf/Tula steel.
    Same for a friend of mine's BCM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Doesn't he use an a5 buffer on all his stuff too? I'd imagine the w
    Two working together may yield different results as well

Downloads
    Uploads
    Doesn't he use an a5 buffer on all his stuff too? I'd imagine the w
    Two working together may yield different results as well
    Yes, he likes the A5H4 buffer paired with the LMT e-carrier and green spinco. I personally stick to A5H2 and colt spring.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your ASR sounds like my last three Trifecta MAAD mounts. :)

I had so many issues I was ready to buy a Surefire can and move on. The ASR saved it. My Trifecta MAAD would be impossible to remove sometimes even if I didn't shoot the rifle on my 5.56 muzzle devices. On my .308 bolt gun, it would always loosen up after one shot. No matter how hard I cranked it on. Silencerco sent me three different Trifecta MAAD mounts, replaced several of my Trifecta muzzle devices, and finally swapped it all out for ASR parts.
    Both styles are more maintence dependent than any other mounts I've used but both cause less shift than any I've tried other than direct thread. I'll take that trade. Nickel anti seize is a must on both styles IMO.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't had any issues with my Saker 762 / Trifecta and have about 1000 rounds through it (using on both AR & 308 bolt gun), but I've heard of other people having the same problems as Slippers. Have a Saker 556 on order...hopefully it won't have any issues. SilencerCo's customer service has been awesome to deal with...so not too worried about it.