Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is your source for AR small parts?

on my first three builds all my small parts were Colt either purchased from brownells or specialized. I recently decided I wanted an m4 style upper so I found a great deal on 14.5" Colt socom barrels. I decided to get a delta ring setup, bolt, firing pin, firing pin retainer and cam pin from BCM (of course I forgot to buy a gas tube and now I'll have to pay extra for shipping.).

For parts like that, or even dust covers and forward assists, where do you shop? I'll probably stick with BCM or Colt for most of those parts because those are easy places to buy. I just wish shipping was cheaper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I usually use BCM and Brownells for small parts. They are both reasonably priced and ship quickly. Shipping is what it is.

Downloads
    Uploads
    PA and Midway have both revised their shipping policies over the past few years to charge smaller fees for shipping small orders, but I really prefer WOA (White Oak Armament) for LPKs and other small parts. For one, I can piece together an LPK with just the parts I need and save a few bucks, plus they only charge actual shipping costs (rounded up, I suspect). The downside is that you don't know how much they are going to charge you until after you order. I ordered about $40 worth of small parts from them last year and they charged me $4 for shipping to WA. Unfortunately, WOA's parts selection is pretty limited to mil-spec stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I find myself using KNS Precision more and more lately. I don't buy lower parts kits because I wind up only using the springs and detents. They seem to consistently have their items in stock.
    Last edited by SINNER; 16 May 2016 at 08:19.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We don't make most of the small parts yet, only mag release buttons, bolt catches, and forward assists, in addition to products we like and are in line with the direction we're going, such ambi charging handles, Redi-Catch, etc.
    If you guys need anything we offer on our site, please email me for LE, MIL, EMT, and firemen discount and free shipping codes. When placing an order, please remember to mention WEVO, swag is always included for WEVO members

Downloads
    Uploads
    I usually get Battle Arms Selectors, and EPS Pins. Coupled with Geissele or ALG triggers, and now FCD Bolt Catches, the only thing I buy separately are:

Buffer Detents
    Buffer Detent Springs
    Magazine Release
    Magazine Release Spring

I used to order a bunch when DSG Arms would have free shipping, but I usually just get them from Rainier since they are local.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I usually get Battle Arms Selectors, and EPS Pins. Coupled with Geissele or ALG triggers, and now FCD Bolt Catches, the only thing I buy separately are:

Buffer Detents
    Buffer Detent Springs
    Magazine Release
    Magazine Release Spring

I used to order a bunch when DSG Arms would have free shipping, but I usually just get them from Rainier since they are local.

That's the problem. I need to move local to a store like rainier. It just sucks needing a gas tube and spending $10 plus $10 shipping

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wsaraceni View Post
    That's the problem. I need to move local to a store like rainier. It just sucks needing a gas tube and spending $10 plus $10 shipping
    I know it doesn't work for most people, but I usually try to keep a lot of parts on hand in case I need them. Thus, I order enough to justify shipping when I have to pay for it. It definitely costs a lot in the long run if you have to nickel and dime parts purchases. Like you said, the shipping is prohibitive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know it doesn't work for most people, but I usually try to keep a lot of parts on hand in case I need them. Thus, I order enough to justify shipping when I have to pay for it. It definitely costs a lot in the long run if you have to nickel and dime parts purchases. Like you said, the shipping is prohibitive.
    That's the thing I did. My lowers are generally BAD-CASS safety, geissele SSA, and Colt parts. So I ordered enough Colt parts that when I see a chance to get the trigger or safety I can usually pick up an extra when there is a good sale or something. I've never needed a delta ring assembly before or don't usually get stripped uppers where forward assist and dust covers are needed so I never ordered spares. Once I build out my next two lowers I'll inventory and stock up on lower parts kits again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    DSG has a great selection of small parts and ships quickly and reasonably as well. Even though they are based in Texas, an order placed Saturday usually hits my doorstep Tuesday morning.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ranier must hate me cause I order small parts from them, like gas tubes, and get the free apex shipping all the time and no sales tax.

I get most from Rainier: BAD, FC, V7, etc.

I second SINNER on the KNS and Ergo spring sets. I've also had luck on small stainless parts from various well-reviewed Amazon venders.

I get pins from Brownells in packs so they are on hand. Order them when I buy other stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I usually wait until LWRC has a 20% off deal and go through and order what I need... Rainier'so Apex makes that an easy decision

Downloads
    Uploads
    Primary Arms and Palmetto State Armory (PSA) have been excellent for me. PA in particular has wicked fast shipping most of the time. I doubt Colt makes those small parts anyway, most vendors source from the same 2 or 3 manufacturers from what I've seen ...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rainier and PSA are my go to as well. Brownells has everything under the sun but rapes on shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    I usually get Battle Arms Selectors, and EPS Pins. Coupled with Geissele or ALG triggers, and now FCD Bolt Catches...
    When I need to go to the grocery store, I usually take my Maserati, but sometimes I have to take my Aston Martin.