Downloads
    Uploads

Should a noveske bolt carrier or bolt be marked in any special way?

I know my Colt carrier has the little C but do noveske carriers have any similar markings? I've read they do have a small N similar to the Colt C but I can't see it on mine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The bolt that came with my barrel didn't have any special markings.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I only have phosphate carriers from the John era. They were marked with a light N stamp as you posted. However, on some of them, the stamp is so light, you literally have to put it up to the light to see it. I don't know what they're doing now if anything to mark their carriers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wsaraceni View Post
    I know my Colt carrier has the little C but do noveske carriers have any similar markings? I've read they do have a small N similar to the Colt C but I can't see it on mine.
    The phosphate carriers do not have any markings to identify them as Noveske's...at least the current carriers do not.
    ROG Tactical

http://www.rogtac.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ROG View Post
    The phosphate carriers do not have any markings to identify them as Noveske's...at least the current carriers do not.
    Good to hear. I only ask because both my noveske carriers are unmarked best I can tell. One came with a complete upper and the other was ordered from one of their distributors so I think I'm good. Can't hurt to check.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish everyone would mark their bolts/carriers. Maybe not necessarily with gaudy laser logos ect, but I've seen enough people online selling questionable products. It would have been helpful to know there were markings to verify.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I wish everyone would mark their bolts/carriers. Maybe not necessarily with gaudy laser logos ect, but I've seen enough people online selling questionable products. It would have been helpful to know there were markings to verify.
    Agreed. Consider the source, basically, as frustrating as it can be sometimes to try to.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

I wish they would all mark them on the opposite side of the port door. I don't want extra logos everywhere. Part of the reason I buy Colt carriers instead of BCM is so I don't have a big BCM logo staring at me. I wouldn't mind if I had a BCM rifle it as on but without it I feel like a nascar team

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish they would all mark them on the opposite side of the port door. I don't want extra logos everywhere. Part of the reason I buy Colt carriers instead of BCM is so I don't have a big BCM logo staring at me. I wouldn't mind if I had a BCM rifle it as on but without it I feel like a nascar team
    I thought I was the only one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    None of my Noveske carriers are marked, even the Johnny era ones. Maybe i just haven't looked closely enough.

I find myself becoming increasingly annoyed by that. It would be one thing if they sent me the BCG for free or greatly discounted price, or if they were sponsoring me. But at full retail, why should i give them free advertising? Lately i've been taking some cold blue to the laser etched logos. It doesn't get rid of them completely, but they are greatly subdued. That said, i still buy BCM carriers, as i can't find Colt carriers for less. I'll use LMT carriers as well, since they're logo-free.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    None of my Noveske carriers are marked, even the Johnny era ones. Maybe i just haven't looked closely enough.

I find myself becoming increasingly annoyed by that. It would be one thing if they sent me the BCG for free or greatly discounted price, or if they were sponsoring me. But at full retail, why should i give them free advertising? Lately i've been taking some cold blue to the laser etched logos. It doesn't get rid of them completely, but they are greatly subdued. That said, i still buy BCM carriers, as i can't find Colt carriers for less. I'll use LMT carriers as well, since they're logo-free.
    There's a thread on another forum about a store selling 14.5" Colt barrels. The guy also sells stripped Colt carriers for like $70. I lived one up and finished it off with a firing pin, cam pin, and bolt from BCM. Seemed like a good way to go. I'd get more but after that came up there was some speculation that these were walking off a local military base. Sucks but I'll wait until that's resolved before ordering anything else.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Man, i'd stock up at $70/each.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ