Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Allegedly Geissele is coming out with a new Buffer that you can build up to tune your rifle.
    Part of me says "Cool!" The other part says "Does it matter that much?"

Downloads
    Uploads
    So many different configurations a one does all or adjust to work would be nice..

I'm in the same boat and need/want to try a H2 in this 14.5" I just picked up

Downloads
    Uploads
    If it is a MILSPEC barrel with a .063 gas port then an H2 will work fine with military ammo (M193, M855, MK262). That is the current buffer of U.S Army issued M4's.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    So many different configurations a one does all or adjust to work would be nice..

I'm in the same boat and need/want to try a H2 in this 14.5" I just picked up
    Owner/Instructor- Semper Paratus Arms
    www.semperparatusarms.com

Master Armorer/R&D- SIONICS Weapon Systems
    www.sionicsweaponsystems.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just saw this KAK Buffer kit today. Pretty cool idea to dial in your buffer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    While we are talking about buffers....

I have an 18" barrel from Rainier with rifle length gas and even with a WAR upper (adjustable gas system), I feel like it is really slinging the heck out of the brass and banging it up. My thought is the carrier speed since it's a lightweight AR15 carrier vs a "full auto" M16 style carrier. I am assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that a heavier buffer would benefit me here. I was looking at H1 buffers (3.8oz) & H2 buffers (4.6oz) and then saw a Spikes ST-T2 (4.3oz) but the difference in the Spike's buffer was Tungsten powder vs stacked weights, claiming to reduce reciprocation noise. Any validity to this? And is a heavier buffer even a solution to my "problem"? Otherwise the rifle functions flawlessly and shoots very very well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I shoot spikes buffers pretty much exclusively when I'm not running an A5. Very smooth, no problems. Not with my T-1's or T-2's.

A heavier buffer would slow your carrier speed, but, if you can do it with your adjustable gas that would the place to start, assuming you're not already running on a very low setting.

ETA: The other thing you could do would be use a heavier buffer spring.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Spikes buffers with the powder do not work as well as a normal buffer, and tend to cause more bolt bounce. They do not have the same dead blow effect. There are several videos showing this in slow motion.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I swear I learn something new everytime Slippers posts...
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Spikes buffers with the powder do not work as well as a normal buffer, and tend to cause more bolt bounce. They do not have the same dead blow effect. There are several videos showing this in slow motion.

Are they on youtube or somewhere else? If it's Youtube, I'll search when I get home...it's blocked at work