Thread: Oregon?

Downloads
    Uploads

Oregon?

Does anyone know the basic status of the gun laws in Oregon? Specifically around Portland area.

I may or may not have an opportunity there so I am asking questions here and elsewhere about it.

Any other information would be helpful as well... IE social life... what's the scene like... what to expect etc etc.

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I went through there once and it felt like a lot of Californians had floated north. Hippies, weirdos, people asking you to help save this, help save that. Do you like rain?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oregon allows open carry in most places, but reciprocity is not something I am up to date on as far as what other states are valid here. Portland specifically is bad when it comes to regulations, many places try to prohibit carry including public transit. I carry everywhere if I can so I try to avoid places where I can't, that said, I carry in Portland regularly. Be aware pretty much every major event in Portland will put you through some kind of security screen/metal detector, so those are usually no go's. For non-CHL holders there are restrictions on traveling with a loaded weapon (mag in the trunk, gun in the front and visible type of shit).

If you can get your fishing/hunting license you can keep a rod in your rig and state you are on your way fishing, which is a bit of a work around for the loaded weapon rule. (Transport of loaded weapon is allowed if on your way to/or from hunting/fishing.) Easier to get your CHL though if you are a resident.

I have never been harassed in Portland by police about anything so I cannot vouch for their demeanor. Portland itself has anything you could want as far as night life stuff, restaurants, bars, etc. As previously stated a lot of Liberals in the larger Oregonian cities, and you will have to deal with that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are a few cities in Oregon you can absolutely not open carry without a CHL. Portland is one, but just the city. Multnomah county cops can be real dicks, too. Visit the Oregon Firearms Federation website. They produce a booklet for like $10 that I would call essential to read if you plan to carry in Oregon. It breaks down each and every law and justification or ruling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk