Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Geissele Automatics Super 42 Spring and Buffer

Now that Johnny Danger Photography let the cat out of the bag, we can finally post this.

Soft Launched today, so checkout the Geissele Page for more information.

https://geissele.com/super-42-braide...fer-combo.html

For folks that haven't seen it, @geissele did a soft launch of the new Super 42 braided wire buffer spring and buffer combo. It uses 3 independent strands of wire like the MG42 machine gun which acts as a harmonic damper and energy absorber. The wires flex separately from each other and helps displace excess energy which decreases the chance of spring failure.

Description:

The Geissele Super 42 Spring was designed to improve the function and reliability of your AR-15 pattern rifle. Its unique spring design uses three independent strands of wire, just like the German MG42 Machine Gun. This concept acts as a harmonic damper and energy absorber by allowing the springs to flex separately from each other. This flex helps displace excess energy which decreases the chance of spring failure and assists with making your AR-15 more reliable.

Compared to the stock spring, The Geissele Super 42 Spring has a decreased tendency to lose length and force over a given round count. As an added bonus, it removes the annoying spring reverberations (twang) heard and felt by the shooter through the buttstock. The Super 42 Spring has a 15% stronger average return force than the standard buffer spring. This will assist in stripping rounds out of the magazine when operating with a dirty weapon or when using steel-case ammo.

Name:  Geissele.jpg
Views: 3481
Size:  105.5 KB
    Name:  super42-01.jpg
Views: 2035
Size:  135.8 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some real potential advances lately in the buffer/spring area of AR's. A neglected area IMO. Nice to see that happening.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Some real potential advances lately in the buffer/spring area of AR's. A neglected area IMO. Nice to see that happening.
    Absolutely. I think with a lot more people running suppressed SBR's it was definitely an area that needed to be addressed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    hmmm.... might need to check this out. Trying to reduce the TWANG with my 5.56 SBR with the LAW folder (negates the JP silent capture...)
    Now to find one...
    Never mind - in stock direct and shipping now. ordered!
    Last edited by SwissyJim; 6 June 2016 at 10:24.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Between this and Lantac's announcement, I'm hopeful to never need adjustable gas blocks in the future and port holes won't need to cater to the worst ammo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Darn, the buffer is also proprietary.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Darn, the buffer is also proprietary.
    I'm wondering if the braided spring ends up with a thicker diameter, requiring a slightly thinner buffer OD.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm interested to see some long term reviews when time enough has gone by. In my mind Springco owns the world of buffer springs.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like this better than any system that increases parts count. I'm glad Bill didn't do something fancy, and stayed with simple and elegant solutions. I think we'll carry those in our store :)
    Last edited by Duffy; 6 June 2016 at 14:58.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    I like this better than any system that increases parts count. I'm glad Bill didn't do something fancy, and stayed with simple and elegant solutions. I think we'll carry those in our store :)
    Roger, I translate this statement to... I think I'll get some at dealer cost for myself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I need to be a dealer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So this pops up supposedly today and its on sale already, yet the ch that's been bandied about for 6 months or more is still yet to make an appearance..
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I need to be a dealer.
    Curiously, Geissele doesn't have a lot fo demands on becoming a dealer or a reseller...
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wrote them asking about the add on tungsten weights they show on their purchase page and buffer choices. I'll report if they reply.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just bought JP's captured spring and buffer I don't have problems with buffers and springs generally, except when I got adventurous and got an extra heavy POF carrier which caused cycling and ejection problems. Bolt bounce happened to me, but I was using 9mm buffers that were popular for a while in mid to late 2000s (I haven't used them in a long time).

I like simple solutions that don't solve a problem by adding another of its own (such as doubling or tripling parts count). I like studying old weapon systems because often they have valuable lessons that are long lost when the weapons became obsolete and discarded, their technology still has merits.

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Roger, I translate this statement to... I think I'll get some at dealer cost for myself.