Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I agree 100%. The "cure" of throwing a heavier buffer in every rifle with so called issues usually results in causing more problems than it cures. One of these days I'm going to try the ultralight plastic buffer set up. I think it has potential if the spring rate can be increased enough.
    Just be careful. The other end of the spectrum is out running the magazine's ability to present a round properly before the bcg returns. More spring and less buffer increases cyclic rate especially on the return to battery.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchTerror View Post
    Thanks for the update, Jim! What rifle setup are you testing this on? Standard H buffer weight?
    Sorry, yes I only got the base, standard H buffer. Had no issues, feeding problems nor the like. Running on my Umbrella 5.56 SBR with a Umberlla BCG, LAW folder and generic PMC ammo
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    Sorry, yes I only got the base, standard H buffer. Had no issues, feeding problems nor the like. Running on my Umbrella 5.56 SBR with a Umberlla BCG, LAW folder and generic PMC ammo
    Thanks for the details! I know we're kinda cross-posting between here and mail call, but I'm looking forward to more results! Can't wait to get mine and try it out, though it will be going in a mid-length gas system.
    "There is always a well-known solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong." - H.L. Mencken

Downloads
    Uploads
    We have them in stock, with extra tungsten weight options. Please email me for a WEVO discount code, these things are not cheap (especially the extra tungsten weights)

http://forwardcontrolsdesign.com/AR-...arts_c_17.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Geissele Automatics Super 42 Spring and Buffer

I installed mine last night. I don't like how the weight rattles inside the H1 buffer assembly. Anyone else have that issue?

Maybe all H1 buffers are that way. I've only used H2s in milspec carbine and A5 and have never had the rattle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    I installed mine last night. I don't like how the weight rattles inside the H1 buffer assembly. Anyone else have that issue?

Maybe all H1 buffers are that way. I've only used H2s in milspec carbine and A5 and have never had the rattle.
    I think this is why the Spikes T2 is popular. It uses a powder for the weight so it is quiet and also, I think, serves to dampen the vibration. I just bought one recently to play around with, especially for my 6.8, but haven't been to the range with it yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    None of my other buffers do this which is why I'm not sure why spikes would be a solution to this issue.

I haven't test fired it yet but gently shaking the buffer makes it rattle like a marble in a tube.

I'm going to take it apart and see if there's an easy fix.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Humm was seriously considering trying this out in a certain rifle but this makes me rethink..I'm OCD and hate little shit like this..lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know if other H1 buffers are the same but I compared this to my H2 buffers last night and they have a slight rattle when shaken side to side (which I hadn't noticed before). I just know that if I had this H1 buffer in a pack or in an HD scenario, it would be like having a keychain dangling on my hip. Around a lot of environmental noise, it is no concern. For a range gun, no big deal. For my purposes, I can't have it. I even avoid noisy sling mounts.

I'll be ordering an extra weight to install in this one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now we need a UHMWPE sleeve between the tube and the spring to get rid of the scraping sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk