Downloads
    Uploads

WEVO T&E Review: Adaptive Tactical EX Performance Adjustable Stock

Adaptive Tactical EX Performance Adjustable stock

At first glance, The Adaptive Tactical EX Performance stock defiantly looks different from the other stocks out there. And the first thing I noticed was the big rubber recoil pad. Also noticeable was the textured top of the stock. But lets get to the basics of the stock.

The EX Performance stock is an adjustable stock for Mil-Spec tubes only. It features a rapid adjust lever, QD swivel attachment which is reversible for lefties, th noticeable and removable non-slip vented recoil pad, and slot for a standard sling. Made in the USA, it retails for $49.99.

Dimensions:

7 ¼ “, 6 ⅛ “ without recoil pad
    Width is 1 ¾”
    Compared to a Magpul MOE stock at 6 ⅞” x 1.6” and a Magpul STR at 7 ¼” x 2.6”

Installation:

It installs easily, and adjusts just as you would expect it. Removal is very easy due to its very grip able pivot. You can grab and remove. Similar to the MOE stock, and a lot easier than the STR. The QD mount is also a very easy flip. To remove the recoil pad, it’s only 2 screw, and you’re off.

Feel:

It’s summer time, so i’ve been jamming this thing into my shoulder at the range both suppressed and unsurpassed. And while in just a t-shirt,it feels quite nice. It’s soft, but not squishy, and comfortably firm. The extension tube slop is a bit more than MOE, but no more than a mil-spec adjustable stock. I’m not sure if I can really feel the textured/contoured stock when hold the rifle, but it’s not distraction, and could actually aide when handling in wet conditions. But I’ve not tried that, so I can’t say yea or nay.

So I think the big defining point for this stock is the recoil pad. While it’s very nice on the low recoiling AR-15 with .223 caliber ammo, I think it would actually shine on larger caliber rifles with more perceivable recoil. If the firearm has a mil-spec tube, like some fancy chassis system or tactical shotguns, this would make a great option. They also make a similar version for Mossberg and Remington pump action shotguns.

Web: Adaptive Tactical EX Performance Adjustable Stock

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice write up..

I've got one kicking around and first thing I noticed was how thick the pad was..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Nice write up..

I've got one kicking around and first thing I noticed was how thick the pad was..
    Thanks. It's just over an inch. It's too bad I shaved a few months ago, I could report on if it's mustache friendly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice write up, but curious about one thing. The toe of the stock curves opposite of what seems to be popular these days. It curves into the "pocket" where a lot seem to curve away to clear "kit" and make shouldering easier, or for a higher mount point. Did you have any comments on that? I wouldn't see it as an issue for most, but there are LEO/MIL guys here that have to wear a lot of stuff.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very good write up, much more than I expected. We need to get some more stuff in your hands!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Nice write up, but curious about one thing. The toe of the stock curves opposite of what seems to be popular these days. It curves into the "pocket" where a lot seem to curve away to clear "kit" and make shouldering easier, or for a higher mount point. Did you have any comments on that? I wouldn't see it as an issue for most, but there are LEO/MIL guys here that have to wear a lot of stuff.
    It is definatly wider than a MOE stock. The contour is convex, while the MOE stock is concave. I don't have anything to test with to simulate a kit, aside from jamming a bunch of stuff in the breast pocket of my jacket. The maliablity of the recoil pad could make up for it, but I honestly couldn't offer an educated view for third folks. I may be able to run it by a friend, and see what he thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Very good write up, much more than I expected. We need to get some more stuff in your hands!
    I enjoy doing this, and super happy you guys like the reviews.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great write up.

Downloads
    Uploads

X2...

I'm bored and got time for something and if I do I promise no more unboxing pics..lol...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm... might look at that for my upcoming Battle Kitty 458Socom SBR... bet that pad would be quite nice.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    Hmm... might look at that for my upcoming Battle Kitty 458Socom SBR... bet that pad would be quite nice.
    PM me your address Jim. I've got one for you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Was gonna say I've got one I won't be using, don't see any other builds in my near future..but UW has got ya covered it looks like..

I owe jim as why I offered..

Downloads
    Uploads
    PM me your address Jim. I've got one for you.
    Incoming!

Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Was gonna say I've got one I won't be using, don't see any other builds in my near future..but UW has got ya covered it looks like..

I owe jim as why I offered..
    You owe me nothing sir! Just remember me in the Ginger Uprising and spare my soul...
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    if you want to try it out before UW sends it, let me know.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You owe me nothing sir! Just remember me in the Ginger Uprising and spare my soul...
    Lol....you funny....ginger uprising...