Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is easy to see why many of us have been eager to accept the KMR as the bee's knees. BCM has done a stellar job of marketing the rail by showing pictures of Haley and many other well-known and respected shooters/instructors using BCM rifles equipped with the KMR.

Hopefully the new Alpha will be what the market wants. A good combo between weight, price and durability.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think everyone can agree that the Colt 6920 is a fine carbine, as well as the Aimpoint and Surefire being great ad-ons. However, it is a fact that there are better barrels, triggers, selectors, grips, stocks, forends, sights, etc., than what is offered with a stock Colt 6920. There are (arguably ) better sights than the Aimpoint and better lights than Surefire. Does your Colt do the job it's supposed to? Absolutely.

Does a Ford Pinto get you from point A to point B? Yep, but so does a Ferrari and or a Bently. It's all personal preference Rob, and I think people are just tired of your rhetoric about how there's nothing these high dollar safe queens can do that your Colt can't.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did this to my KAC FFRAS MRE, when I was hammering out a stuck FSB, a few blows from the hammer landed on the rail, I don't think a fall to a carpeted surface would have done it. Even so, it's one deformed rail only.

I think the lightweight trend has gone too far. From the time I saw the gimmicky OIP AR in 2013 with lots of lightening cuts, very little in the way of customizing to fit the user, all in the name of lightweight (under 4Lbs), I knew I had seen the epitome of an end justifying the means. It's an engineering exercise and experiment to see how far you can go to lighten an AR that I would have accepted as innovative, except it didn't stop at being an exercise and experiment, it was a commercial venture with the goal to sell it.

The same can be said of many lightweight ARs and components. What has been given up to achieve light weight? If it's durability and reliability, then this is a poor trade I will not make.

Not talking about the KMR in particular, but the entire light weight fad altogether.