Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Want something really tough? Geissele.
    Quote Originally Posted by velocity2006 View Post
    This, my MK8 is a beast.
    The Geissele is definitely on my radar, only concern is width once panels are installed. I've gotten quite used to slender little 1.5" diameter forends, and the MK8 is even wider than my buddies DD Omega quad.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, forgo panels on the Geissele rails if possible. Or use the little strips.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    The little strips? Like the KMR panels? Will those fit on an mlok?

Asked in the pic thread but no answer thus far.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow that sucks. Looking forward to reading BCM's response.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Or lose the woman hands.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    The little strips? Like the KMR panels? Will those fit on an mlok?

Asked in the pic thread but no answer thus far.
    I believe he is referring to the Magpul Type 1 MLOK cover panels. Here is the link to them: https://www.magpul.com/products/m-lok-rail-cover-type-1
    By the way, I find these to be extremely comfortable.
    Graphic Designer
    Instagram: @EO3actual

Downloads
    Uploads
    I echo other thoughts on the alpha. It's been solid for me so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    I told people about this years ago. Of course, I was poopoo'd because "BCM!"

The Hodge/Mega Wedgelock is tough as hell. It's dimensionally and materially tough.
    Geissele makes tough rails.
    Centurion just came out with a MLOK rail, and I have never heard anything ill about them, either.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The centurion is the other I'm debating. Currently it's between a KMR Alpha, a Geissele Mk8, and a Centurion. I've got a Centurion on a 14.5" build, but my wife inherited that gun since the 11" forend was too short for me to use with a sling attached at the front at 6 o'clock.

Nonetheless, it's hardcore. A longer one would be great, especially since I've already got a complete accessory pack for it.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is BCM's response.

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting us, we appreciate you reach out. Although technically not a warranty issue, we can offer you the option of sending in your upper receiver group to us for repair. We do not have any KMR handguards in inventory, however we would be happy to essentially “buy back” your KMR for in store credit, and then replace it with a KMR Alpha, which should leave you with about $80 in available in store credit.

Please let us know how you wish to proceed."

This works for me.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very classy response from BCM.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hard to beat that response!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah that works out super well, and really, I don't see how any company could have done it better.

Besides, that 80$ or so is looking like a nice Geissele trigger discount... Mayhaps mayhaps?
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like how people purchased the Magnesium KMR for weight reduction, then they turn around and complain it's not as strong as a rail almost twice the weight . To the OP, it is disappointing that it bent by simply falling over on carpet. But for all the bandwagoners that want to show up and then throw it in the ring with much heavier handguards, why don't you use the same comparisons on things like the F1 receivers, where I see people constantly remark with how they're not intended for hard use by design? I like Geissele, Centurion, DD, etc, but none of them are producing handguards as light, so it's really an apples to oranges comparison when it comes to durability. Hell, my Centurion C4 7" rail weighs more than the 13" KMR. And all those saying they're "disappointed" in BCM blah blah blah... Last time I checked, BCM still puts out some of the best parts on the market for their cost, still provides great customer service, and you're "disappointed" in them? Lol...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordnance View Post
    I like how people purchased the Magnesium KMR for weight reduction, then they turn around and complain it's not as strong as a rail almost twice the weight . To the OP, it is disappointing that it bent by simply falling over on carpet. But for all the bandwagoners that want to show up and then throw it in the ring with much heavier handguards, why don't you use the same comparisons on things like the F1 receivers, where I see people constantly remark with how they're not intended for hard use by design? I like Geissele, Centurion, DD, etc, but none of them are producing handguards as light, so it's really an apples to oranges comparison when it comes to durability. Hell, my Centurion C4 7" rail weighs more than the 13" KMR. And all those saying they're "disappointed" in BCM blah blah blah... Last time I checked, BCM still puts out some of the best parts on the market for their cost, still provides great customer service, and you're "disappointed" in them? Lol...
    The KMR has been a flop.

They should have released the Alpha first, and then offered the KMR has a lightweight alternative. When people think BCM, they think ... at least I think of their commercial advertising. "BCM Builds Professional Grade Weaponry"