Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Somebody needs a nap!
    Like I said, you don't respond to actual talking points but instead just make retarded remarks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    You must be fun at parties.
    Why Stick, do you want to party with me? Lol...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    What's wrong with a 6920?
    Nothing, except the idea that "there's still nothing new under the sun that can't be done with a 6920", which isn't remotely true.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordnance View Post
    Like I said, you don't respond to actual talking points but instead just make retarded remarks.
    Seems you're the one with the insults and attacks. Feel free to hit the ignore button, Biff.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    C'mon guys. Back on topic, please.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    And likely shooting milsurp ammo too.
    I literally lol'd so hard at this..that was a interesting thread...........(Facebook)..

Lol...
    What you don't agree...Bahahahaha .....

I'm just playing...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    ..should I post up the cupcakes pic again..lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any response from BCM yet?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    Any response from BCM yet?
    Only what I previously posted. They offered to fix my upper by installing a KMR Alpha and basically buy the rest back for store credit, so about 80$.

Though they have yet to actually send me an RMA, or even so much as an address where I should send the upper. If I don't hear anything more by tomorrow I'll shoot them another email.

They're friggin impossible to get ahold of. Phones just say to email them, and I'm going on a week now waiting for an email reply....
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    And yet you're here... on a forum called Weapon "Evolution"... Lol
    Still waiting to hear what's "evolved". Been at this for 20+ years and still haven't seen it.

I see a lot of incremental advancement, a lot of people bolting transfer-devices onto their safe-queens, lots of people rushing to defend or explain "better" and then get out-shot by a guy with iron sights and a factory trigger, lots of claims of "need" for "serious use" with zero actual relevant application or experience, etc.

I used to be one of those moonies. Always looking for "better", always looking to "evolve"... it's just a bunch of marketing-driven drivel targeted at hobbiest and enthusiasts looking for something to spend their kids' college fund on, or an alternative to buying a new set of golf clubs.

Which is all fine, and good, and fun.

But it's not "better". Not in any real meaningful, quantifiable, way.

And, to the point of the thread, there ain't no free lunch. You want lighter? you get weaker. you want stronger? you get heavier.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Evolution is a slow process. All the small, incremental updates add up over time. Even though there's been no "holy balls, batman!" moments...I think we've seen some fairly dramatic updates/adaptations seen in the AR platform since the mid 90's, possibly as outcomes of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, expiration of the assault weapons ban, and the internet. Just off the top of my head from the last 20 years...SPR/Recce rifles, Keymod/MLOK rails, a surge of SBR's and suppressors, adjustable gas blocks, Melonite, Nickel Boron, QD optic mounts, 300 blk, 6.8 SPC, 458 SOCOM, Magpul PMags, and an abundance of triggers, stocks and grips that don't look or feel like they were manufactured where they make spare lawnmower parts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    And don't leave out defensive bullet technology on smaller standard calibers, for example, the effective gap between 9mm and 45acp.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviantLogic View Post
    Evolution is a slow process. All the small, incremental updates add up over time. Even though there's been no "holy balls, batman!" moments...I think we've seen some fairly dramatic updates/adaptations seen in the AR platform since the mid 90's, possibly as outcomes of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, expiration of the assault weapons ban, and the internet. Just off the top of my head from the last 20 years...SPR/Recce rifles, Keymod/MLOK rails, a surge of SBR's and suppressors, adjustable gas blocks, Melonite, Nickel Boron, QD optic mounts, 300 blk, 6.8 SPC, 458 SOCOM, Magpul PMags, and an abundance of triggers, stocks and grips that don't look or feel like they were manufactured where they make spare lawnmower parts.
    Yes, we've seen a bunch of new widgets.

What we haven't seen is a measurable improvement in anything that matters with said widgets, especially in the hands of untrained people or attached to guns that never leave the safe.

put another way, take Daniel Horner's wonder-gun away from him, give it to your average shooter, give Horner my iron-sighted Dissipator and Horner still wins every time.

There is nothing significantly superior about a keymod, 1.x-Y, 6.8, suppressed, adjusted gas block, unicorn-jizz coated, quickly-detached uber-gun with a cheater trigger over a stock 6920 with an Aimpoint and a Surefire.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Yes, we've seen a bunch of new widgets.

What we haven't seen is a measurable improvement in anything that matters with said widgets, especially in the hands of untrained people or attached to guns that never leave the safe.

put another way, take Daniel Horner's wonder-gun away from him, give it to your average shooter, give Horner my iron-sighted Dissipator and Horner still wins every time.

There is nothing significantly superior about a keymod, 1.x-Y, 6.8, suppressed, adjusted gas block, unicorn-jizz coated, quickly-detached uber-gun with a cheater trigger over a stock 6920 with an Aimpoint and a Surefire.
    The 6920 is a great rifle. There are functional changes that can be applied to that weapon that will make it better in different situations for real people. Military. Law Enforcement. Hunters. Home defense. Target shooters. 3 gun nation. It's not always one size fits all experience.

Everything I listed previously are advancements in the last two decades developed to help address problems or shortcomings of what was offered before them. I believe by definition, that is "better". If it's not significant enough for you...I don't really give a shit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Every time something resembling evolution comes along, the Army kills it. It's going to cost some money to adapt a new platform, period. Hell, the Masada and XM-8 are the farthest the US market has moved the needle in 50 years (Okay, just the Masada), but since the govt. doesn't want it, it didn't happen. Bushmaster doesn't make a true copy of Magpul's vision; they burned the corpse created by the government.

Building anything out of a soft metal that is known to explode when it reaches its stress limit, and burns hotter than the surface of the sun is just plain stupid.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Still waiting to hear what's "evolved".
    Maybe you missed admins earlier request because your yellow visor distorted your vision...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Ergo me not responding to your limited rhetoric...