Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Alliant makes 5lb jugs of RE15, but I've never seen them in stock anywhere.

Hazmat fees are a pain in the ass. For 1-2lbs of powder I usually buy locally. If I want to buy powder online I usually start calling up friends to see if they want anything so we can split the cost of shipping/hazmat.

Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Unrelated: midway has 77gr TMKs on sale for $28/100. The 100ct packs are cheaper than the 500ct boxes right now
    Got 1,000 77gr TMK ready for loading. Not very comfortable with compressed loads, so I picked up some TAC to load 'em up with. Will post up load data after I've been able to test everything out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I usually buy locally in cash, and my local reloading supply only has 1 pounders of RE15. Only seen 8lb jugs of XBR, 4064, and other powders I don't use.

Unrelated: midway has 77gr TMKs on sale for $28/100. The 100ct packs are cheaper than the 500ct boxes right now
    Finding RE15 or Varget in 5 or 8 pound jugs is impossible.

On a side note... check here for bullets. I've found this guy to be extremely good on prices.

http://www.okweber.com/sierra-bullet...caliber?page=2

$26 for 100 bullets. $127 for 500 bullets. If you buy 5 boxes of the 500's you get the best bang for your buck. Shipping is flat $9.95 or $13.95 depending on how much stuff you buy. He uses those flat rate boxes and it works great.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviantLogic View Post
    Hazmat fees are a pain in the ass. For 1-2lbs of powder I usually buy locally.
    This is absolutely true. If you buy enough powder at once to make it worth it then no problem. I ordered more than enough to offset the cost... 16 pounds of rifle powder 2 pounds of pistol powder and 10,000 primers....

With shipping and everything it wound up being like $1 per pound more on the powder....Figure up roughly $20 per pound in my hand for rifle powder.... but if I buy it local it's about $28 or $29 bucks a pound once you factor in tax. For an 8 or 9 dollar a pound discount it's worth it to buy in bulk.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviantLogic View Post
    Alliant makes 5lb jugs of RE15, but I've never seen them in stock anywhere.

Hazmat fees are a pain in the ass. For 1-2lbs of powder I usually buy locally. If I want to buy powder online I usually start calling up friends to see if they want anything so we can split the cost of shipping/hazmat.

Got 1,000 77gr TMK ready for loading. Not very comfortable with compressed loads, so I picked up some TAC to load 'em up with. Will post up load data after I've been able to test everything out.
    I never loaded a compressed load til I started playing with TMKs. In PMags, I can run them a little long (2.264") and I worked up to my load....23.6gr RE15 with BR4 primers. No signs of pressure whatsoever. And that's shooting when its 90+ degrees out.

Alamo: thanks for the link. I'll have to get them there in the future. I got a few boxes from Midway because I had another order there anyways so shipping evened out.