Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wanting to shoot suppressed subs mostly in 9mm?

I like Xtreme plated 147 RN ($43.75/500ct) and I also shoot some of their 124gr plated HPs ($46.48/500ct).

They do have some 135gr and 165gr bullets I want to try though. The 135s might be a good all around bullet and I wonder how quiet the 165s could get...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Wanting to shoot suppressed subs mostly in 9mm?

I like Xtreme plated 147 RN ($43.75/500ct) and I also shoot some of their 124gr plated HPs ($46.48/500ct).

They do have some 135gr and 165gr bullets I want to try though. The 135s might be a good all around bullet and I wonder how quiet the 165s could get...
    So far the Xtreme bullets are all I have ever used for pistols. I am going to have to decide if I want to get ALL 147gr or get some 124s or 115s or what mix of what to get.

I still have quite a few 147gr bullets (about 800 of them) but I want to get a lot more, and in some other guns it doesn't work as well shooting 147's. I might buy a few boxes of 124gr so my plinkers are the same as my carry

Then I have to worry about 380 and .45...

Same thing for the SBR rounds... I think I will get 75gr Hornaday because they are cheap and effective. Then again I might buy some 55gr plinkers... I am just not sure. I will have enough powder to make 4400 rounds of the 75gr if I go entirely that route... hell I don't know... I might mix and match...

The whole thing is giving me a headache... I am kind of tapped out for now though so I have a little while to think it over.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    So far the Xtreme bullets are all I have ever used for pistols. I am going to have to decide if I want to get ALL 147gr or get some 124s or 115s or what mix of what to get.

I still have quite a few 147gr bullets (about 800 of them) but I want to get a lot more, and in some other guns it doesn't work as well shooting 147's. I might buy a few boxes of 124gr so my plinkers are the same as my carry

Then I have to worry about 380 and .45...

Same thing for the SBR rounds... I think I will get 75gr Hornaday because they are cheap and effective. Then again I might buy some 55gr plinkers... I am just not sure. I will have enough powder to make 4400 rounds of the 75gr if I go entirely that route... hell I don't know... I might mix and match...

The whole thing is giving me a headache... I am kind of tapped out for now though so I have a little while to think it over.
    For 9mm, I'd get some 124s in addition to 147gr, but probably forget about 115s all together.

.380 is easy: 100gr RN.

.45 is up to you but shooting 1911s, I stick with 230gr RN

Downloads
    Uploads
    For 9mm, I'd get some 124s in addition to 147gr, but probably forget about 115s all together.

.380 is easy: 100gr RN.

.45 is up to you but shooting 1911s, I stick with 230gr RN

On the .380 I got to looking around and I have 1000 rounds already loaded and ready to go! I also have another 1000 bullets. Well that should keep me in the good for a while with that one since I don't shoot it a whole ton.

As for the 9mm and 45ACP...I think you are on the right track. I just need to sort out how much I can afford to get. I might get like 2 or 3 thousand of each. Not sure yet. But if I just go ahead and get em sooner rather than later I just won't have to worry about it later on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    On the .380 I got to looking around and I have 1000 rounds already loaded and ready to go! I also have another 1000 bullets. Well that should keep me in the good for a while with that one since I don't shoot it a whole ton.

As for the 9mm and 45ACP...I think you are on the right track. I just need to sort out how much I can afford to get. I might get like 2 or 3 thousand of each. Not sure yet. But if I just go ahead and get em sooner rather than later I just won't have to worry about it later on.
    MMMMMMM.... you say that.... I "stock up" but only find myself thinking it's still not enough.

Downloads
    Uploads
    MMMMMMM.... you say that.... I "stock up" but only find myself thinking it's still not enough.
    That's true. No doubt.

I guess in a way I am just trying to come up with a method to the madness. Somebody could have 200 guns but if they have no ammo then what?

I am more tempted than anyone to buy all kinds of guns and a few more silencers and all that...but at the end of the day I want to have a good staple of the fundamentals and essentials for what I already have. After I get that somewhat satisfactory it's all topping up and maintenance from there.

I have so much stuff that I want and need to buy. I need a case prep station ,more brass, I would like to get a more advanced setup where I can do a few hundred rounds per hour (or more)... I also want to buy some spare barrels and a couple extra BCGs...

I am kind of focusing on that area right now. Man I would just love to have all those different calibers but keeping in stock with all that stuff is crazy.

Depending on how the money flows if I spend a couple hundred a month buying supplies then I can be GTG for a while at least.

Later on I still want to add a rifle caliber or two, but at the end of the day it's all about the $100 bills and how many I can get.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's true. No doubt.

I guess in a way I am just trying to come up with a method to the madness. Somebody could have 200 guns but if they have no ammo then what?

I am more tempted than anyone to buy all kinds of guns and a few more silencers and all that...but at the end of the day I want to have a good staple of the fundamentals and essentials for what I already have. After I get that somewhat satisfactory it's all topping up and maintenance from there.

I have so much stuff that I want and need to buy. I need a case prep station ,more brass, I would like to get a more advanced setup where I can do a few hundred rounds per hour (or more)... I also want to buy some spare barrels and a couple extra BCGs...

I am kind of focusing on that area right now. Man I would just love to have all those different calibers but keeping in stock with all that stuff is crazy.

Depending on how the money flows if I spend a couple hundred a month buying supplies then I can be GTG for a while at least.

Later on I still want to add a rifle caliber or two, but at the end of the day it's all about the $100 bills and how many I can get.
    If I could do it all over again from scratch, I definitely have similar advice to my younger self. Quality vs quanity, laying in supplies instead of entire guns. I'd have probably a 1/3 of the amount of firearms I do now, but I'd have waaaaaay more supplies and probably a few extra suppressors. Problem is...a few of the guns I have that would not be in my safe right now I received as "gifts", and selling them would insult the gift-giver with whom I share a bed. So...tell me how that would work out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well even though it's gonna hurt the wallet at a sensitive time (financially) I went ahead and did it. I have enough stuff to reload at least 4000 rounds of 75gr Hornaday bullets for my SBR and at least enough for around 2000 or 2500 match rounds (or more) for my other AR.

That's not including what I have right now for plinker rounds.

For my pistols all I really have left is to buy some more bullets. I will stock up on 124 grain bullets and 147 grain bullets... but when and how much of each is TBD. I will probably get at least 2000 or 3000 of each.

I need to get me some 230gr .45 bullets as well.

I might get more brass as well.

Considering how much I actually shoot it should keep me busy for a while. I think it's kind of weird... I can go out in the back yard and shoot and one would think I would go out and shoot thousands and thousands of rounds.... but in all actuality I really don't do that.

Given if I was with a group of people and we were having fun that's different. But just wasting ammo to make noise... I tend to try and practice more effectively on a regular basis (when I can do so).

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can't never have enough powder/primers/boolits..

Monmouth has a killer deal on hornady 55 gr right now , $398 for a case of 6k, lowest I've ever seen and Midsouh has lots of powders in stock..

11b have any chrono numbers on cfe using 55grs or the 75's? Curious what your getting out of a 16" barrel with cfe

Downloads
    Uploads
    55gr FMJ at 27gr runs about 2850fps from a 16" barrel

75gr BTHP at 25.0gr (work your loads up!) will be right around 2600fps from a 16" barrel. Pretty confident you can run this a little hotter...25.5gr should put you close to if not at 2700fps

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info, I would try some but it's the most expensive powder around besides Rl-15 , that is for good 223 powders

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Thanks for the info, I would try some but it's the most expensive powder around besides Rl-15 , that is for good 223 powders
    Where are you shopping at? I shopped all over and it's not that bad (relatively speaking). It's more than $2 a pound cheaper than RE15 where I got my stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    VV powders are the most expensive I've seen.

CFE is usually in the $25/lb range and RE15 is around $28/lb here (when bought by the pound...8lb jugs are less per pound)

Downloads
    Uploads
    VV powders are the most expensive I've seen.

CFE is usually in the $25/lb range and RE15 is around $28/lb here (when bought by the pound...8lb jugs are less per pound)
    If you buy in bigger amounts buy from Powder Valley. With shipping and hazmat and everything mine worked out to be about $20 a pound or a little less to the door for CFE.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I usually buy locally in cash, and my local reloading supply only has 1 pounders of RE15. Only seen 8lb jugs of XBR, 4064, and other powders I don't use.

Unrelated: midway has 77gr TMKs on sale for $28/100. The 100ct packs are cheaper than the 500ct boxes right now