Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I wish I had the temperament to reload; it'd be a lot easier on the bank account. If you seem a little OCD, I am just as ADD. They didn't have that when I was a kid, I just played outdoors and stayed up til 2 am to get B's in math. With age, I've at least earned the ability to know myself well enough that I'd buy all that cool reloading stuff (literally all of the add-on stuff, too) only to use it a couple times and get bored and sell it at a horrendous loss. The same way I can't really stand shooting at ranges so I have some places I can go and shoot and not bother anybody, nor have to pick up spent brass.
    OCD? Who me?! HAAAHA!!!

Part of the thing is I just have it ingrained in my DNA to figure out complicated stuff. If you have a corporation that sold 400 different products in 115 different countries using 78 different currencies and you wanted to know where they make their money on what and in which regions... I'm your guy. Give me the right information and I will track down Al Quaeda's money supply and even create a neat little chart so that they know who to drone strike.

I don't know if it's OCD or what...but I am just hard wired to ask questions. LOL.

If you're not reloading for extreme accuracy and all you want is practice ammo then reloading isn't bad at all. Even if you have some friends that have all the equipment then just go over a couple times and stock up. With a good progressive press you can churn out about 4-500 rounds per hour and you can do it a lot cheaper than buying ammo. Hell, even if guys split the money for the equipment you will save a ton. It's not bad at all. Seriously. A few cases of ammo in and you've paid for the equipment in relative savings.

I think the last time I shot anywhere public was maybe two years ago. In that regard I have a few good hook ups. That said just buy $200 bucks worth of once fired brass and after you go shooting just pick up what you can find.

Downloads
    Uploads

Is it worth it? (BCG)

The case prep station, mainly for cleaning primer pockets and cleaning up trimming, has changed my life LOL. Especially for plinking ammo. And I just use an RCBS Rock checker or whatever it's called. If I can enlist the kids to help with case prep and priming, I'll be in heaven.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is another question for discussion... opinions welcome.

Between the Mil Spec Fathom and the Enhanced Fathom.... which one and why?

I see stuff on the Enhanced one about 'carrier tilt'... but isn't that primarily irrelevant if you are running a DI gun? I thought carrier tilt was a piston thing?

Again I realize at the end of the day it probably won't matter one way or another and both will work just fine... but I am wondering if there is any reason to go with the enhanced one under those circumstances?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration79 View Post
    The case prep station, mainly for cleaning primer pockets and cleaning up trimming, has changed my life LOL. Especially for plinking ammo. And I just use an RCBS Rock checker or whatever it's called. If I can enlist the kids to help with case prep and priming, I'll be in heaven.

I don't have any kids to enlist but a automatic case prep station is on my short list of things to buy.

What kind of station are you using?

I see that Frankfort Arsenal case prep station and I keep on wanting one (unless I can find something better).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Been super busy, just seen this..looked like a good deal

Quote Originally Posted by Aberration79 View Post

My oldest takes an interest in reloading but so far no help..and I'm doing it all by hand no prep stations..etc..it's all good though but my fingers/hands hurt after a long session..

And Alamo OCD...ahahaha ,..understatement I think, and I'm the same but I think he beats me..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is another question for discussion... opinions welcome.

Between the Mil Spec Fathom and the Enhanced Fathom.... which one and why?

I see stuff on the Enhanced one about 'carrier tilt'... but isn't that primarily irrelevant if you are running a DI gun? I thought carrier tilt was a piston thing?

Again I realize at the end of the day it probably won't matter one way or another and both will work just fine... but I am wondering if there is any reason to go with the enhanced one under those circumstances?
    As I mentioned earlier...I think my enhanced BCG's run a little smoother than the mil-spec ones. Not an expert on why. Guy might be able to give more details on the design of the enhanced and any benefits it provides.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have any kids to enlist but a automatic case prep station is on my short list of things to buy.

What kind of station are you using?

I see that Frankfort Arsenal case prep station and I keep on wanting one (unless I can find something better).
    Im using the one from Lyman. Works great but it hasnt seen real heavy use yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got the RCBS Trim Mate. Nothing to write home about. It does chamfering, deburring, and primer pocket cleanup like any of the other electrics. The chamfer and debur tools were replaced with lyman heads...the ones that come with the unit suck. For case trimming I've got one of the LE Wilson trimmers from Sinclair (link)...not electric, but does a damn good job. I'm not reloading thousands of rounds at a time, so the setup works for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am playing fast and loose with the credit card.... I said screw it and went ahead and bought a CMT BCG. I will still get a Fathom later on. I don't know when the CMT ones will ever be back in stock and the price is kind of right so why not try eh?

As for the other things on my list here is one:

Name:  628405.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  75.6 KB

I want to buy a bunch more 9mm bullets and a bunch more brass as well.

I am thinking about getting about 6000 9mm bullets. (2000 124 grain and 4000 147 grain) but I might get more than that since it's so easy to reload.

I've also considered getting a progressive setup for reloading. A friend has one and I can go over there and use his so that might be a back burner thing for now. But he says he can get about 500 rounds per hour out of the deal. I might go over and make the holy living crap out of some 9mm rounds. In one afternoon I could easily make a few thousand rounds.

Geez man... I have a frickin' list going already... I haven't even cracked open these primers and powder yet but I am considering buying more still. (you never know)...

I am also kind of frothing over a CMT .308 set...of course I would need a Recce 7 to go with it.

I also need a .22 LR rifle with a threaded barrel. Haven't decided what yet though. Of course if I could find 2-3 cases of .22LR I would buy that up too. From now on when I buy a caliber I am getting enough ammo to last me a while to go with it.

I pretty much have my paychecks for the next year spent already. My list isn't even close to being done. That's just the stuff I've been talking about lately.