Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

What Charging Handle ?

I'm in need of a new charging handle and was curious if anyone has any time behind an AXTS freedom bone or a Geissele super charging handle which are supposed to be good for suppressed sbr's ?
    I will be running it on an 10.5 in 5.56 90% of the time suppressed in a CMT lefty upper with an AR vent & haven't decided if I'm gonna run the Geissele gas block that came with MK8 rail I managed to score on 50% off sale or a Superlative arms gas block my buddy gave me , any thought on these also appreciated .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Griffin SNACH.

I did a little review on here a while back. I run it on a rifle that is suppressed 100% of the time while shooting

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mega Slide lock or Raptors.

And for the life of me I can't figure out how they market that SNATCH as a ambi charging handle. That gas vent directs the gas directly into the face of a lefty. I shot 1 magazine with mine and gave it to a right handed friend. He loves it BTW.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Mega Slide lock or Raptors.

And for the life of me I can't figure out how they market that SNATCH as a ambi charging handle. That gas vent directs the gas directly into the face of a lefty. I shot 1 magazine with mine and gave it to a right handed friend. He loves it BTW.
    Some people are just soooo hard to please

Kidding, btw. I'll fire some rounds lefty next time out and see how big of a carbon stain I get on my face. Never thought about it as a righty.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol Without a doubt a worst case scenario. Way over gassed rifle with an ACOG. The gasses seemed to really impact my right eye. Really nice charging handle except that. Actually like the lever design more than the Raptor.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Freedom Bone on order from DSG. I'm hoping it'll be less gassy than my regular Raptor on my PWS MK110 Mod1 with a Surefire SOCOM RC556. I'll update this thread once I've had a chance to play with it; if it doesn't work, I'll probably try out the Geissele, too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally like my Badger G3

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    I personally like my Badger G3
    The Badger is underrated. Great CH.

Downloads
    Uploads
    +1 on the snach. Don't know if it has any effect on lefties. Probably depends on the rifle being used. But the build is great.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    The Badger is underrated. Great CH.
    Somehow it just...fell through the cracks. I love it though, and I've used many of them. PRI, BCM (ambi and non-ambi), SNACH, USGI, AXTS. I prefer the G3 badger hands down.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    Somehow it just...fell through the cracks. I love it though, and I've used many of them. PRI, BCM (ambi and non-ambi), SNACH, USGI, AXTS. I prefer the G3 badger hands down.
    I discovered them by accident through Slippers at Arisaka.

Their marketing is Nil... I think they're still known for scope rings and not much else. I doubt a lot of people even know they make a great ambi CH.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I discovered them by accident through Slippers at Arisaka.

Their marketing is Nil... I think they're still known for scope rings and not much else. I doubt a lot of people even know they make a great ambi CH.
    They make a great bolt-release, too. Love it. Jim Hodge turned me on to their stuff. Badger doesn't have to market. All of their stuff has contacts with DoD/FBI/etc. They are kindof the salesman who doesn't take "lot-ups" anymore.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also +1 on the SNACH when shooting suppressed, except when shooting indoors with a wall on your right shoulder.

Ric

Downloads
    Uploads
    So what is it about the badger? Giving it a once over on their site it just looks like another ambi.

Feel? Something else?
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    The key to the Badger G3 charging handle is the ergonomics, in my opinion. There are no sharp edges, and it can't pinch you (always an issue with BCM Gunfighters for me, despite having slim fingers). It doesn't jab you in the back when the rifle is slung. I run a 556 version on my LMT MRP 10.5 and the 308 version on my LMT MWS.

Rich got my extra so we can have matching MRP 10.5 uppers. :)

I also use some of their bolt catches. They have a good feel, with a bigger paddle but don't stick out obscenely. Plus they are a dead match for the CMT SSA ambi controls. Sorry, terrible cell pic, but you get the idea:

Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com