Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    So what is it about the badger? Giving it a once over on their site it just looks like another ambi.

Feel? Something else?
    Very well engineered to pass mil-spec. There are a lot of tests the military requires a CH to pass. For one, the CH is not allowed to un-latch if the weapon is 100% rigidly affixed and fired. Some CH's have had issues with this even being fired from the shoulder, much less in a .mil test with 0 movement allowed (rigidly mounted weapon) (SNACH, early version, for example).

The second point is feel. I really like how the handles feel. They are not sharp ANYWHERE, and I have yet to be pinched, etc.

It's just very very well made, designed for more than looks, and functions great.

As pictured above, their bolt-catches are also exceptional, and catch roughly 100% more of the bolt than regular bolt-catches, in addition to being very ergonomic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Mega Slide lock or Raptors.

And for the life of me I can't figure out how they market that SNATCH as a ambi charging handle. That gas vent directs the gas directly into the face of a lefty. I shot 1 magazine with mine and gave it to a right handed friend. He loves it BTW.
    Thanks for that info, I;'ll stay away from them on my lefty rig. SwissyJim is sold on one that I can't remember for his surpassed rigs. It looks like it sandwiches the top end of the upper, right over the rail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I honestly haven't seen a ambi Badger since the ones with the big skeletonized right side latches.

Any site sponsors sell them?

Downloads
    Uploads

Armageddon Tactical GMS-15 CH (Right)
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    The key to the Badger G3 charging handle is the ergonomics, in my opinion. There are no sharp edges, and it can't pinch you (always an issue with BCM Gunfighters for me, despite having slim fingers). It doesn't jab you in the back when the rifle is slung. I run a 556 version on my LMT MRP 10.5 and the 308 version on my LMT MWS.
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    Very well engineered to pass mil-spec. There are a lot of tests the military requires a CH to pass. For one, the CH is not allowed to un-latch if the weapon is 100% rigidly affixed and fired. Some CH's have had issues with this even being fired from the shoulder, much less in a .mil test with 0 movement allowed (rigidly mounted weapon) (SNACH, early version, for example).

The second point is feel. I really like how the handles feel. They are not sharp ANYWHERE, and I have yet to be pinched, etc.

It's just very very well made, designed for more than looks, and functions great.

As pictured above, their bolt-catches are also exceptional, and catch roughly 100% more of the bolt than regular bolt-catches, in addition to being very ergonomic.
    Interesting! I'll throw it in the consideration pile for my newest project.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post

Armageddon Tactical GMS-15 CH (Right)
    That's it. Thanks J.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Mega Slide lock or Raptors.

And for the life of me I can't figure out how they market that SNATCH as a ambi charging handle. That gas vent directs the gas directly into the face of a lefty. I shot 1 magazine with mine and gave it to a right handed friend. He loves it BTW.
    The problem with the slide locks ... they sometimes unlatch while shooting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If the Snach had a port out to the left I would hop on it , I unfortunately only shoot lefty so the gasbuster or anything that vents to the right is a no go .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    If the Snach had a port out to the left I would hop on it , I unfortunately only shoot lefty so the gasbuster or anything that vents to the right is a no go .
    I found it of minimal value. The gas hangs in a cloud all around your hear/the upper. I have not had it "jet into my eyes". More "overwhelm me with its presence", lol, if anything. The strength of the SNACH (haha) is that it is a very well designed, and beautifully machined CH. Not its alleged abilities to make a suppressed weapon somehow not put gas in your face. Just my .02

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    The problem with the slide locks ... they sometimes unlatch while shooting.
    Really huh..first I've heard

Was that while suppressed or ?
    Need a CH and have considered a mega

Downloads
    Uploads
    I want to try the Geissele handle to see how it feels and if it works to limit gasface. I was expecting the price to be higher than it turned out to be. The Avalanche was sort of disappointing so I'm sticking to Raptors for now.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The ported handles don't do anything for suppressed use, in my experience. The gas comes out near your face still. I don't shoot nose to charging handle, so this may be a factor.

RTV silicone is your friend. I actually did my two Badger G3 handles last night, and cleaned them up this morning. Perfect seal.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I want to try the Geissele handle to see how it feels and if it works to limit gasface. I was expecting the price to be higher than it turned out to be. The Avalanche was sort of disappointing so I'm sticking to Raptors for now.
    The avalanche has a direct channel for gas to travel into your face. I don't recommend it for suppressed shooting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    RTV silicone is your friend. I actually did my two Badger G3 handles last night, and cleaned them up this morning. Perfect seal.
    Had to look that up. Never heard of doing it before.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Geissele Super Charging Handle is my new favorite. It's superbly designed and made. The serrations on the front straps are surprisingly effective.

When I was playing with designing an ambi charging handle, the front straps had vertical serrations (as almost all AR charging handles do.) Geissele's SCH has horizontal serrations and vertical, and offer very good traction for both vertical and horizontal movement, something that I hadn't thought of.

They feel better than strictly vertical serrations.

The pocket inside the right latch is deeper than the one on the left, I'm not sure the rationale for it, but I'm sure Bill has his reasons.
    Last edited by Duffy; 13 July 2016 at 16:42.