Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've gotta have some of those..
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    The pocket inside the right latch is deeper than the one on the left, I'm not sure the rationale for it, but I'm sure Bill has his reasons.
    Maybe for additional clearance from the forward assist?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The left and right latches appear symmetrical in length. The lightening cuts, or pockets, are of different depths, but I don't think access to forward assist is affected at either depths.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The SNACH eliminated the need for RTV silicone for me. I did the RTV "mod" to all my milspec CHs and the SNACH doesn't blow gas rearward. Like Sinner mentioned, being a righty helps but I don't go home with a carbon caked face from the range. You can see the very first pic I posted in this thread my one CH has RTV and the SNACH doesn't. It's also larger and fits more snugly in the channel than my milspec handle

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    The left and right latches appear symmetrical in length. The lightening cuts, or pockets, are of different depths, but I don't think access to forward assist is affected at either depths.

Oh, I'm retarded, misread your statement as to something to the effect that the concavity on the right being deeper than the left.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol, doesn't the pocket depth disparity make one wonder? AXTS's right latch is longer than the left, ostensibly to facilitate right side latch operations, but it doesn't really clear the FA. To do so, the latch would be too long to be practical.

The answer to that problem is still a rimless FA like the LDFA

I believe the military has a latch length limit, I suspect Geissele's is made to such specs.

I like the latches to be compact and not overly long. AXTS offers a version of Raptor that has symmetrical length latches, but they're both long. I wanted to order a version with two short latches, alas they don't make them that way.
    Last edited by Duffy; 14 July 2016 at 08:13.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll wager that the depth difference is to accommodate the latching mechanism.

Downloads
    Uploads
    And that's exactly right! The left latch is home to the "hook" so the pocket is shallower to leave enough material for it. The right latch has no such concerns and so is as deep as possible.

There I was thinking about weight balance, or lighter weight on the right latch for a purpose Bill divined but I didn't

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can also put a tactical Skittle in the pocket on the right.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It seems like every time I build an AR there is a new best charging handle out. My first one was the gunfighter. Then it was the raptor. Now it's the geissele. While not a huge collection i would prefer to settle on 1 for all of them so now I have to decide to buy 4 raptors or 5 geissele. Hmm

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I have a Freedom Bone on order from DSG. I'm hoping it'll be less gassy than my regular Raptor on my PWS MK110 Mod1 with a Surefire SOCOM RC556. I'll update this thread once I've had a chance to play with it; if it doesn't work, I'll probably try out the Geissele, too.
    Well, in my limited testing today (was mostly confirming zero), there seemed to be minimal difference between the regular Raptor and the Freedom Bone. Tested on a PWS MK110 Mod1 on the smallest gas port with a Surefire SOCOM RC556 using Winchester X556TG (their 3 Gun line-up ammo). Then again, there was far less blowback on the regular Raptor compared to what I usually shoot, Federal XM193. I'll see if I can't try it out with a wider gas port setting this weekend.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just arrived today.

Where "badass" meets "super precision"...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Just arrived today.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Just arrived today.

If Noveske goes with suppliers like this on the rest of their rifles, they might get their reputation back in another 5 years...

Downloads
    Uploads
    The pocket is for Pokémon bullets.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!